photo saturday: feathered friends

reed balancebotanical fluff

good balancebig dark eyes

no fucks to givetripod
One day I would very much like to be able to make a lasagna that holds it's shape when cut and sits on the plate as a sweet little cube of meat and pasta and cheese.

I have yet to achieve this.

Which isn't to say the lasagna I made wasn't good... although possibly it contained a little too much cheese, given that there were at least four different kinds of cheese in it... it was just a little sloppy.

Otherwise it was a fairly average week.

DnD continues as usual... although the game on Wednesday was a little more emotionally fraught than usual. Long story, mostly only really relevant to the people who were playing, but myself and one other player got turned into werewolves, I went a little bit chaotic evil and the party ended up in-fighting. I actually came home on Wednesday night and kind of crashed mentally and emotionally. It was basically like I'd been running on adrenaline for several hours and when that stopped I just fell down a proverbial hole.

Yeah I know, I need either some therapy or to leave the house for something other than role playing games.

Speaking of leaving the house, I also had my haircut this week... which got moved from Thursday night to Friday day because of DnD. And it was the first time I had to go up to Tink's new house.

I will say that going up the freeway was only mostly nervewracking, especially as the speed limit is 100km and my car didn't seem to manage much above about 85km. So that was great. Actually coming back down the hill was a lot less traumatising to be honest.

And Tink's new place is... well, if you've ever watched an episode of Grand Designs where they're making one of those sleek, long, modern houses with gigantic windows and tall ceilings and whatnot... you're about 75% of the way to knowing how I felt when I rocked up.

It's really gorgeous though, and even if you can't see all the way down to the city, the place is surrounded by trees and it's all quite lovely. I can't say that I'd want something either that huge or in that location to be honest, but Tink seems happy with it, so that's the main thing.

The haircut itself was pretty standard, although this was just a toner session, not a colour session, but I did end up with quite silvery hair, which is awesome. For the time being I'm happy with still going up the hill, but I did make the next couple of appointments during the day, since I don't think I'm quite ready to drive up there after dark yet.

I also got a message about my next rental inspection, which is fine, although it would have been nicer if it had been on Wednesday instead of Thursday, so now I need to clear out of the house two days in a row. Also, it means that I need to spend all day Tuesday cleaning things up... although I'll probably split things between Sunday, Monday and Tuesday at this stage.

Fun times.

Today was the latest session in the "Let's do all the stuff we haven't been able to do for almost 12 months" greatest hits tour we've been on for the last few weeks.

It started with the usual shopping stuff. I decided (after getting to the supermarket) that quiche may be the best version of dinner I can make this week. It's going to be warmer, so I'll be able to have it either hot or cold, so that's good, although I'm not completely sure how many days worth I'll be able to get out of it... we'll see what happens.

After shopping and unpacking and all that stuff, we decided to head up to West Lakes, since a) we haven't been in a while and b) they had places we wanted to look at.

It was mostly just a general wander around, but it wasn't too bad and we picked up a few bits and pieces. And had some lunch, during which I remembered why I wasn't all that bothered about the place I bought lunch from, but it had been a while, so I'd forgotten.

So that's about it really.

Current Mood:

No comments: