lego minifigure series - disney


Okay, let's just get this out of the way right away... I'm so freaking excited for this set of Lego/Disney minifigures. Not all of them mind you, but just the fact that they're doing them at all, and they haven't even done all the characters they could have done... I'm excited.

Let's back up a bit... there's been the rumour that Lego was going to produce a Disney themed set of minifigures for a while now, but it was only when a really bad quality version of an ad showed up a few weeks back that it seemed like it was going to be a reality.

I'm a Disneyphile, always have been... not to a scary or excessive amount, but I have a small collection of Stitches, Tinkerbells and Maleficents, Ursulas and Wicked Queens (well, Queen singular to be honest), and I've seen pretty much every Disney animated movie at one time or another, so this set is going to be right up my alley.

And the set is made up of...
  • Maleficent (Sleeping Beauty)
  • Alice (Alice in Wonderland)
  • Syndrome (The Incredibles)
  • Buzz Lightyear (Toy Story)
  • Donald Duck
  • Daisy Duck
  • Captain Hook (Peter Pan)
  • Aladdin (Aladdin, dur)
  • Stitch (Lilo and Stitch)
  • Ariel (The Little Mermaid)
  • The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)
  • Mr Incredible/Bob Parr (The Incredibles)
  • Green Alien (Toy Story)
  • Minnie Mouse
  • Mickey Mouse
  • Peter Pan (Peter Pan, also dur)
  • Genie (Aladdin)
  • Ursula (The Little Mermaid)

I'm also going to need to get three Stitches, Maleficents and Ursulas (one for the set, one for work and one to sit with my Stitch and Villainess collections). It's a definite toss up between Stitch and Maleficent as to which is my favourite of the whole set, But I also really like Peter, Buzz and the skirt design on Alice/Minnie... maybe they can finally do away with those dumb cloth/paper skirts we usually end up with.

Weirdly, the four minifigs I'm not really bothered about are Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Daisy. I get why they're there, but m'eh. Especially Mickey and Daisy, they're just boring designs from the neck down.

What I find most interesting though is that the set practically screams sequel. There's a Maleficent but no Sleeping Beauty, a Buzz but no Woody, Stitch by no Lilo, no Mrs Incredible, no Jasmin, no Tinkerbell. I'm guessing sales of this set will determine whether we get a second one.

Now I just need to wait until May...

Current Mood:

No comments: