week's roundup and saturday shopping

Okay, first things first, a brief roundup of last week...

The soup I made last Sunday was successful as far as it being soup on Sunday was concerned, however by the time it came it Monday it was decidedly no longer soup and was in fact just pasta and sauce. Overall it was fairly nice, but given that my head was all over the place this week, I kind of lost interest in it about halfway through the week.

This week I'm making chicken soup, because that's what you do when you're sick... eat chicken soup I mean.

And yes, I've been sick pretty much all week. Thankfully the runny nose portion of the week was mostly confined to Monday and Tuesday... however the elevated temperature and general feeling of blah extended for the whole damn week. I even went to see the doctor on Tuesday, more to get some ventolin to prevent the gasping cough I had the last time I got sick like this. Granted the cough hasn't been as bad this time, but it only got really bad after the cold was finished last time, so I'd rather be ready and prepared.

It was a different doctor this time, although still at the same practice, and he was very nice... I think I still prefer the other guy, but it's good to have options.

I am officially sick and tired of being sick and tired though... just the general fever and blocked up head feeling is making everything harder than it otherwise needs to be.

I also finished Red Dead Redemption on Thursday... without giving away any spoilers I will say that the way they deal with the "story's done but you can still run all over the game world and finish up whatever you like" mechanic is incredibly original and one of the nicest ways I've seen it handled. Having said that I was very glad to finally be finished and didn't really feel much need to run around and complete some of the additional quests and things. I just felt like it dragged on a tiny bit too long. It was good, but yeah, I was done with it a little while before the game itself was actually done.

Next up will be a return to Assassin's Creed with Rogue.

Finally last night after a whole day of being stuck in one long meeting doing something I really had no interest in and minimal aptitude for I headed down to the Capri after work for Joshua Smith and Hanna Newman's "A Feature Presentation" exhibition. I would have liked to stick around for the screening of the trailer and then a classic Hammer horror movie, but I really wasn't up for it, so after paying my respects, checking out the art and whatnot, I called it a night, came home, got a pizza and caught up on So You Think You Can Dance (hence the lack of a post yesterday).

Which brings us all the way around to today.

It's been a decidedly wet and woolly day I have to say. But we also managed to avoid the worst of it.

I should have gotten up earlier than I did this morning, but I just didn't want to get out of my nice warm cocoon and into the cold morning air. But I did eventually, even if I had to leave the bedding halfway through being changed in order to be ready when Ma got here.

Our supermarket adventure was probably slightly quicker than usual, partly because we only went to Foodland and then a really quick wander around Target... so we were back at my place reasonably early.

We decided to head off to IKEA, partially for another frame, but also just to do a general wander around.

It turned out to be a good, if slightly dangerous idea since they'd reorganised the kitchenware department and had a bunch of new stuff around... so Ma and I bought a few bits and pieces, although mostly kitchen stuff.

From there we headed down to Harbourtown, just for a quick look in the Bonds store because I wanted more hooded sweatshirts, sadly Bonds don't seem to be doing them at the moment, so I was all out of luck... on the up side I did get a new pair of trackpants, doubly good because they were 30% off.

Then we detoured around to the Capri so that Ma could see the exhibition... it didn't take a whole lot of time, but at least she got to see it.

And that was pretty much it, other than a detour on the way back to my place to pick up some lunch from Perrymans.

Current Mood:

No comments: