photo friday: boys of summer (sydney edition)

shore triosleeveless sleeve

taking in the viewstriped surfer

beach duolong tall surfer boy
It's definitely been a rollercoaster of a week... and I think part of the issue has been some very late nights and early mornings. Totally self inflicted, but still.

But by the end of the week, I needed to go and get myself some booze... but let's start at the beginning.

Last Sunday I was again woken up by stupid noisy neighbours before 5am... I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, but if it happens again this week, there will definitely be a firm letter in their mailbox (to be honest I meant to do it this week, but I ran out of week).

I also printed out Ma's 2015 calendar... which is all Sydney (from our March trip) and all water related. And if there ever needed to be proof that I've played too much Assassin's Creed this year, the name of the calendar is in Italian for "city by the water" (according to Google translate anyway).


And for the first time, when I took it to Officeworks to have it bound up, the girl who was serving me said how good it looked, which is always nice to hear.

I also had to buy like $130 worth of printer ink once I was finished, which is frankly just nuts, but it was a pack that contains all five kinds of ink, so it could have been worse.

It's been a weird week at work anyway because one third of my immediate team have been on leave (okay, it's actually only one person, but there are only three of us total) so I haven't been able to hand quite so many things off as I normally would.

However, my other teammate, Pixie, has gone above and beyond on a couple of occasions, so which I am eternally grateful.

For the most part, I do love the people I work with... it's a little like a family, they do get on my nerves from time to time (and I probably get on their nerves even more than that), but when it comes down to it, I'm glad I have them around.

Even if I did accidentally smack Banger square in the nose with a soccer ball earlier in the week. I maintain it was mostly his fault for kicking it to me and having his hands in his pockets at the time. Fortunately there was no damage done beyond some watering eyes for a minute or two.

I'm now down to eight out of the fifteen parcels that I'd ordered, a slow week with only a couple of deliveries.

I also finally finished Assassin's Creed III... there's a larger post coming that details some of my thoughts on all of the AC franchise thus far, but it definitely had some issues... although it hasn't really diminished my overall love for the franchise.

Weirdly as I walked out of work yesterday my headphones started screwing up... the sound started just randomly going in and out on the right side, so I stopped off at Dick Smiths and picked up a shiny new pair, same brand (Sony) but a different model.

Today was definitely a day of contradictions... firstly, the Fringe program dropped this morning. In previous years I'm fairly certain it hasn't been accessible until the official launch around 10:30... but I just happened to check around 9:15 and there it all was, just waiting for me.

I didn't intend to do a full trawl since I was at work, but there wasn't anything pressing that needed my attention, so I did make a cursory look, found quite a few great things... but there also seems to be more duplicate shows (as in shows from previous years) this time around.

Fortunately there were also some artists I really love returning with new shows as well.

These include, but aren't limited to...
Yes, Le Gateau Chocolat is back, and yes, I did audibly "SQUEEE" in the office.

I then had to stop due to a meeting and would have then gotten down to work once I got out, but our internet connection was being difficult and I just couldn't get to the two websites I needed to access to do pretty much everything I needed to do today.

The long and short of it is that I now have 24 shows in my first pick list.

I also had lunch with Herschel today out in Victoria Square and we talked about all things video games and Fringe shows. But then when I got back to work I really wasn't in the right frame of mind to do any work. Which would have been fine, but by that point the internet was working properly, we had a backlog and then something from the other day reared it's ugly head again from earlier in the week (when I came within seconds of hanging up the phone on someone) and just pissed me the hell off. Mostly because of the attitude of the person bringing it up, but also because of the way the work was requested in the first place.

So with that, and trying to do a bunch of other annoying things, I decidedly needed a drink when I left work this afternoon.

And oddly, the universe was already pointing me in that direction... we'd done a perfectly ordinary (if slightly urgent) job earlier in the week and the woman who requested it came down with beers for us. Which was completely and totally an overreaction, but who am I to say no to free beer.

Then, when I stopped off at the Bottle Shop on my way home, they had a special offer on six packs of Strongbow Cider, so I ended up with a dozen ciders and two beers... and so far I've drunk a pear cider, an apple cider and a beer.

Now I just need to summon up the energy to tidy my apartment, although tomorrow morning is looking pretty good.

Current Mood:

No comments: