photo friday: winter huts

umbrella timebeach hut clouds

twenty one spiresandy doorstep
The wheels fell off this week some time around Thursday... and then the week seemed to take forever to finally finish.

The week has definitely had it's ups and downs.

After last Saturday's post I crawled into bed around 4pm to watch some stuff on the laptop and within an hour I was fast asleep. I woke up a couple of hours later long enough close the laptop and then went right back to sleep. The downside was that I woke up around midnight feeling like I'd had my usual night's worth of sleep, so the rest of my night was a little patchy, but in the end I slept for around fourteen hours.

Then on Sunday I finished The Lizzie Bennet Diaries novel... I laughed, I cried, I squeeeeed... sometimes all at the same time. And today during Bernie Su's Reddit AMA there came the first news of a sequel, centered around Lydia Bennet coming in 2015... Oh the feels!

My Tuesday got a million times better with the release of Weird Al Yankovic's new song, Tacky, based on the Pharrell Williams’s song Happy. The original song makes me very happy, but this version with it's Aisha Tyler, Margaret Cho, Eric Stonestreet, Kristen Schaal and Jack Black video just gave me the happys.

Also his take on Blurred Lines, Word Crimes from the following day, also gave me happys.

Tuesday continued to be a good day when I came home to find the two Classic Lego Castle themed teeshirts I ordered from RedBubble waiting for me in the mailbox.

Wednesday was Haircut Day... possibly the last one for a while, well possibly just a week or two longer than normal since I was the very last haircut Tink did before the baby's due. And boy oh boy was it showing... she's normally a tiny little thing, but she was soooooooo very pregnant. I look forward to meeting the new baby though.

The hair, as usual, is shorter and blonder, and looks much tidier... we did the usual chatting thing but I left earlier than usual so Tink could go and rest, and to be honest, so could I.

Thursday there was too much food, too much sugar, too much insanity. Also, too much rain raining on me just before I got home.

We had a post World Cup lunch with food from "around the world" or at least as around the world as the World Cup teams came from. And I ate food from every nation except for France. Sometimes more than once. It's always bad when there's "free" food just laying there, I can't resist it... so I ate waaaaaaay too much.

As I so eloquently put it that afternoon, I felt like I wanted to "make throw-up".

It didn't help that Thursday was a little mental work-wise, and the sugar/carb highs didn't help.

That's why there wasn't a Hotness post last night... I ended up just giving up and going to bed early.

Today was also a little mental, more so this morning where everybody seemed to want everything at once and things were just slightly falling on their head.

I also finally got to see my original chiro this afternoon after work... which was something of a relief. Although I did miss the other chiro's more forceful style of adjustment a little bit.

So, yeah... that's about it really...

Current Mood:

No comments: