photo friday: sydney colours

iceberg blueblue wetsuit

step on the cracksmorning ride

north sydney archesold skewl skater
This week has been both productive and whatever the opposite of productive is... unproductive I suppose.

On Tuesday I cooked a giant pot of Osso Bucco, which made the rest of the week easier since I didn't have to cook anything for dinner until tonight. And it was actually better the day after I think.

While I was cooking I also started rewatching the Veronica Mars series from the beginning... which is kind of where the unproductive part of my week happened. In about four days I've made it all the way through the first two seasons (and I also noticed that the phone I bought online a few weeks ago just happens to be the same phone that sits on Veronica's dad's office desk... which is kind of awesome).

I do love revisiting shows that have outstanding writing and great acting... and Veronica Mars is definitely one of those shows.

Speaking of great acting, I also caught up on the show Vicious starring Ian McKellen and Derek Jacobi as an old gay couple who are, as the title suggests, vicious, mostly to each other... it's a unique show in a lot of ways, and so incredibly British. But it also has some moments of incredibly funny but incredibly black humour.

The most productive thing I've done this week was the construction, painting and varnishing my bedside drawers. I'm going to blog about it properly later, but suffice to say that I'm really happy with the results (it's not completely perfect, but it's going to meet my needs quite well). I didn't so much enjoy the cleaning up of the brushes and paraphernalia... oil based painting supplies are a pain in the ass.

But at least it's pretty and shiny.

Next week is going to be a bit chaotic, especially at the end of the week what with my rental inspection and my tattoo appointment as well as our return to the movies... which will be the first time since the end of January.

Okay, maybe not that chaotic, but there will be some frantic cleaning at some point... although not a lot, because I've managed to keep the place pretty clean and tidy in the last few months.

Oh, and I booked the tickets for Ma and I to go and see the Behind The Myths tour with Mythbusters Adam Savage and Jamie Hynamen in August... it's their first time in Australia and the first time they've taken the BTM tour anywhere other than the US and Canada. I'm so excited about going... there's not that many things I genuinely get excited over, but this is definitely one of them.

Current Mood:

No comments: