photo friday: horizon lines

cliff cloudsdark harbour

stormy wheelsydney boats
It's been a weird week... not a busy one, just weird.

It started out on Monday night when I suddenly had the desire halfway through Mythbusters to dig out the box of tchotchkes under my bed and go through both that and the box of leftover bits and pieces from when I finished decorating my new bookcases (yeah, I know, I think I've mentioned them like every other post since I put them up).

And I found that a lot of the stuff that I'd put away the first time I no longer had any kind of emotional connection with... or I knew and acknowledged the connection, but really didn't care anymore. So there ended up being a box full of stuff that went away.

That then led, on Tuesday afternoon, to me clearing/cleaning the shelves in the kitchen that also housed a bunch of tchotchkes. And most of those just went straight in the sink to be washed since it was easier than trying to just dust them.

However I'm either generally allergic to dust, or else I may be allergic to the furniture polish stuff that I bought in place of Mr Sheen (I'll be on the lookout for that tomorrow), because I could not stop sneezing... even after I used one of the dust masks AND took some hayfever tablets I found in the medicine cabinet. I sneezed SO much that my whole torso was sore the following day.

Thankfully I improved once I got out of the house, because it's never nice to sneeze your way through a movie.

I only got halfway through clearing up the kitchen though, so I finished that off on Wednesday morning, right after I dragged the seemingly twelve tons of crap out from the courtyard to the front of the apartment block for hard rubbish, including three of my bookcases. When I was done it kind of looked like the entire contents of somebody's apartment, more or less.

Throughout the day at least four or five groups of people showed up to have a rummage through our little collection, and when I checked that evening two of my bookcases had disappeared, along with a few other bits and pieces. So, to whoever took them... enjoy them in good health, they served me well for many, many years.

As for everything else you took... good luck with that, most of it had been out in the rain for a couple of months.

Also on Wednesday I got the physical Lifescouts badges I've been waiting for... while I have 33 badges in total, I've only bothered with a dozen of the real-world badges which are pretty much all my favourites. And thanks to a trip to Officeworks on Monday morning and our last trip to Ikea I managed to frame them up nicely, and with room to expand if I want more.

Thursday I finished the kitchen clean-up by going through the stuff that permanently lives on the end of the kitchen counter and either ditching it or otherwise straightening it up.

I'm getting to the point now where I think about the only place left to go through (other than a revisit to all the papers and whatnots in my bedroom drawers) is the cupboard under the sink, and then I'm pretty much as organised as I'm going to get for a while. Granted I don't think this would have happened quite so quickly had it not been for the fact that I'm not working, but I knew the bookcases would be the tipping point that set all of this stuff in motion.

Halfway through that I got a phonecall from the shipping company I spoke to last week about one of my crowdfunding rewards... I'd seen from the tracking information that the package had cleared customs, so I thought that was that... until the shipping company called me to tell me that because Australian Customs decided they wanted to inspect this package, I was going to be charged for the privilege. To which I say, FUCK YOU CUSTOMS. Especially since the extra charge was actually more than the parcel was worth in the first place.

Sadly there wasn't much I could do about it... so hopefully that's the end of it and I'll get the parcel early next week.

Then Thursday afternoon it was time to head into town to Save Espionage Gallery.

And it's looking good! As of 24 hours since the crowfunding campaign opened, it's currently at 55% and it still has 28 days left, which is all kinds of awesome! But even so... go donate.

It was a great turnout for the opening, Josh and his crew of volunteers were all crazy busy. So much so that I didn't pick up the two vinyl toys from the last show... I'll go back in on Saturday and pick them up then.

I wasn't intending to actually buy any of the artworks, just donate money, but there was one piece that caught my eye and the more I looked at it, the more I loved it, so I went with that and also donated some extra cash online while sitting on the couch in the gallery.

At a certain point I got stuck in a conversation with a somewhat over-eager young lady. I think we had a conversation at Gary's solo show in the middle of last year (at least that's what she said, and I do vaguely remember having the conversation)... but she was a little bit intense, stood a little closer to me than I was completely comfortable with, and was one of those people who keeps the conversation on themselves.

So, yeah... sadly nobody came and saved me... but eventually she saw someone she wanted to harass. I'm sure she's a lovely girl really.

And then today I had my monthly chiro appointment. Which is much less weird, but it did get me out of the house. It was also the first time that I've seen the renovated section of Rundle Mall since it was opened... and I know the intention was to make it seem wider... but damn... I don't know if it's just because all the structures are gone, or if it's something about the colour of the pavers, or even because the Myer Centre has had a makeover to the outer facade which looks really good... but the Mall just seems really, really wide.

Anyway, that's about it for this week...

Current Mood:

No comments: