photo friday: brighton bodies

windmill manjetty girls

plastic girlshiny man
This has definitely been one of those days where I've been kinda tired all day long. Actually, come to think of it, I think this is one of those weeks where I've been tired a lot.

And it's not even like it's been a super-busy week... it's actually been kind of slow, but at the same time there are a couple of days this week where I'm not 100% sure what I did with my day, I just know that I went to work and did some stuff and then suddenly the days was over.

I'm definitely looking forward to the weekend, even though I know it's going to be a busier weekend than usual.

As of Tuesday it's a month until we go to Melbourne... and to be honest, other than the fact that Owl Girl tried to rub her trip to Sydney in a couple of weeks in my face (in a nice way, because I likewise tormented her during my Sydney trip) I really haven’t thought about it. Maybe that will change as it gets closer, but I dunno... while I enjoy Melbourne (mostly for the street art and the vinyl toys) I don't feel it down to my bones the way I feel Sydney.

For the past few weeks I've been working my way through Kevin Smith's Fat Man on Batman podcast series ... I got into it after Smith was a guest on the Nerdist podcast and I remembered how much I enjoyed listening to him talk on the original Jay and Silent Bob Get Old podcasts that I listed to at one point. And while I wouldn't say that I'm a massive Batman fan, the 1989 movie does hold a special place in my heart and I do enjoy hearing a lot of the backstory from Smith's various Batman guests.

It has also got me to look into some comic book and cartoon series history that I wasn't otherwise particularly aware of. Like anything that relies on the quality of an individual guest for its content, it's not always perfect... the first four episodes with guests Paul Dini (writer for the Batman Animated Series), a double Mark Hamill (yes, that Mark Hamill, voice of the Joker) and Tara Strong (voice of Batgirl plus about a billion other voices that any animation fan would know) are all excellent, as is the crossover episode where Smith tells the entire story of The Dark Knight Rises and Diedrich Bader was fantastic, and I enjoyed hearing all about where both Batman and Nightwing are at with Scott Snyder and Kyle Higgins respectively.

Weirdly, while I don't have a history with Batman beyond the movies, I do have a pretty extensive history with Robin/Nightwing from the Teen Titans comics which I used to read/collect.

But if you're a fan of either the Fat Man or the Batman it's worth a listen.

I always find it interesting when the Universe sends me the experiences I need rather than the ones that I'm expecting or the ones I think I need.

Without going into too much detail, I was supposed to meet up with a guy last night after work, but he cancelled on me (which, to be honest, I was kind of expecting) at the last minute... and I wasn't sure I wanted to bother rescheduling. But I did, for this evening... and as soon as we'd set it up I started to not feel so hot, but decided to keep the rendezvous anyway... and it just felt like it was going to be a bad idea... even after I got there and it all seemed a little weird.

But once we got down to "business" it actually turned into a really relaxing experience. Which sounds weird, but that's what it was... and when I left, other than being freezing cold, I felt like I'd... I don't know... insert your preferred weight lifted, spring unwound, corset unlaced metaphor here. But however you describe it, I walked out feeling a whole lot better.

It wasn't a perfect experience by any means, but like I said, it was definitely the experience I needed to round out the week.

Current Mood:

No comments: