photo friday: sea green recap

getting wetcopperfish

straight curvessand walker

A little bit of a weeklong recap for today's post...

I had a little bit of a slutty weekend last weekend. Over the course of the two days I hooked up with three different guys... two of whom I'd been talking to online for some time and one who kind of fell out of the sky a little bit. It's not something I'm bragging about, but it's such a unusual happenstance (outside of a visit to the sauna) that it's worth mentioning.

None of it came particularly close to the best sex of my life, especially since the second guy made up a fairly plausible excuse to leave part way through which was somewhat undermined by the fact he then blocked me online almost as soon as he walked out of the door (I'm not actually annoyed by that, he was very inexperienced and I think he freaked out a little bit, I just would have liked to talk to him about it).

But I have to say that the last guy, who fell out of the sky later the same day, had a body the likes of which I don't think I've ever had the opportunity to play with before, even if the direct relationship between the attractiveness of my suitors and their freak factor was very much in effect here... not necessarily in a bad way though. And if the second guy hadn't disappeared on me I might not have bothered chatting with the third one.

So thank goodness for flaky gay men.

The rest of the week has been fairly busy... although not as busy as I thought it might have been given that H-San is on leave for three weeks, and the fact that I was pretty much on my own in The Nuthouse for a day and a half.

Although it's never good when you don't realise you have a morning full of meetings until about half an hour before you're due to be at the first one. Thankfully I just needed to turn up and open my mouth and let the things that I know just fall out into the world.

I actually had one of those moments on the way back from the second meeting where I marvelled at the fact that I know as much stuff that I do and that people actually listen when I say those things.

Tuesday was supposed to be Movie Night, but there wasn't anything we wanted to see together, so we decided to pass on it. Originally I thought that I'd go and see something on my own (Django was the most likely candidate) using my free ticket, but after work I just couldn't summon up the energy to go, plus I wasn't sure I wanted to bother with Django given the length and the subject matter. I figured I might go and see Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters next week instead. I know it's probably going to be really bad, but I still want to see it.

On Thursday I went to another exhibition opening at Espionage, mostly to pick up the things I bought at the last exhibition (I seem to be developing a little bit of a theme for black and white images, which will be great if I ever have the wallspace to actually display them)... while there were a few people there I think that a lot of them were friends or family of the artist so I had a chance to chat with Josh for a while, mostly about upcoming exhibitions. It turns out that there's going to be an Alice In Wonderland themed exhibition opening on my birthday which is also a day Ma and I have two Fringe shows to go to, so I think that's going to be a very busy evening.

And today was the third Fork On The Road street food extravaganza.

Instead of being in one of the squares, this time it was in the new Fringe venue, The Depot at the old bus depot on Franklin Street, but I don't think it was anywhere near as nice since it's all concrete and steel shipping containers and whatnot instead of the grass and trees of the squares.

It was also a lot harder to wander around the space given that it quite narrow in spots and there were a lot of people moving around.

I was a little disappointed in America's Top Dog... it was the place that a bunch of The Nuthouse wanted to try last time but they never showed up due to "truck issues". And to be honest it wasn't worth the wait. The bun was pretty lackluster and while menu said the one I picked was supposed to have "crispy bacon" this was anything but. The whole thing was pretty forgettable really.

Next time I'll just head to the Spanish place (I can't remember the name of it at the moment) for one of their chorizo rolls.

Although I did finally get to try a pink lemonade from The Little Van That Could this time which was really, really nice. And the Loukoumades (Greek Honey Dumplings) from YiaYias were really, really tasty too.

And I finished off with a Stawberry and Balsamic Locapop which was very tasty (although could have been a little stronger on the balsamic side).

Then after work I headed off to the chiro.

Which would have been fine, except for the fact that my appointment wasn't until next week. But there was a free appointment at the time that my appointment was supposed to be, and I was already there, so I figured I might as well just have an adjustment while I was there.

So a pretty eventful week all up really...

Current Mood:

No comments: