photo friday: bricked pasteups

introverted greasy bike
I'm trying to work out whether I'm particularly wrathful because it's Friday... or if I'm actually always this wrathful but I just notice it more on Fridays.

I like the word "wrath"... noun, "strong, stern, or fierce anger; deeply resentful indignation". I don't necessarily like feeling wrathful most of the time... but it just seems to be the way I'm wired.

Not that I can't have other emotions, but wrath often feels like my default state. It powers my turbines if you will.

But weirdly, when I got off the bus at the shops after work, I just let it all wash off me. I could actually feel the tension release out of my shoulders.

And things that may have normally bothered me I didn't get worked up over.

Will it last? Probably not... but I'd like it to be a change for the better.

In news that doesn't concern my twisted mental state...

It's been a very busy, yet very mixed bag of a week. I've been to a bucketload of meetings and things, but at the same time, I haven't had a ton of other stuff to do at work which kinda makes the day drag.

And even though I commented earlier in the week about my "second childhood", it's also been something of a grown-up week...

I took myself to breakfast at The Royal Oak on Sunday morning, which I don't do very often, but always enjoy when I do. And I've been to copyright seminars (Monday afternoon), social media/university presentations (Tuesday evening) and doing a thankfully 30 minute meeting at a venue 90 minutes return drive away far too early in the morning (Thursday). Seriously, who schedules a meeting at 8:15am that far away from the city.

But now that all of that's over I can start thinking about/stressing about my weekend trip to Sydney in two weeks.

La Ninj had had a bad day with some family drama and between them Rockchick and new boy Banger suggested buying her some flowers... which they did. And they got me to write the card (because I have the nicest handwriting). La Ninj was suitably touched... and it was nice to do something nice like that.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to find the consciousness of a homicidal supercomputer attached to a potato...

Er... that's a Portal 2 reference...

Current Mood:

No comments: