aquisitions tuesday

This has pretty much been my day...

And it's been kinda hard to concentrate on other things...

aquabumps - maroubra pink silkIt all started at 9:30 this morning when the nice man from TNT delivered my Aquabumps print.

I didn't actually get it out of the packaging until I got home, but it is absolutely stunning! The photo attached to this post doesn't do it justice in the slightest. And because it's on that metallic paper, it's not as pink pink as it looks... there's a whole bunch of gold and copper tones in it...

Stunning!

iphone 4s... now appearing at my house in blackAt lunchtime I went down to the Optus store to get my iPhone 4S.

It may have been a better idea to wait until the end of the day because it meant that I ended up not really having a fully functional phone for the whole afternoon.

And the girl that served me was so much worse than useless... essentially when I went in there she just handed me the iPhone as though that was that. Ummm, I'm sorry, aren't you supposed to activate it and do things with the SIM card and generally be USEFUL?

Thankfully one of the other girls finished serving somebody else and came to my rescue a little bit. But they both kinda made me feel much more like I was holding up the line than has ever been my experience in an Optus store before.

I then went looking for cheap, simple cases to tide me over until I can get one that I want (more on that in a second)... but I ended up going to five different places, nobody had anything particularly inspiring or cheap enough.... so I just settled for the cheapest and simplest one I could find. Which then meant that I had to go back out at the end of the day to buy screen protectors, since there weren't any included.

Then I came home and spent the next hour and a half updating my iPhone's operating system, "restoring" my new iPhone from my old iPhone's backup, resyncing the new iPhone (even though I'm sure that everything should have come over as part of the "restore"), until finally I got a chance to use Siri, make a phone call and give my new iPhone a name (sticking with both the B's and the Transformers reference, the new iPhone is "Bonecrusher").

Siri is wonderful... true she doesn't understand me half the time and she occasionally seems a little thick (she didn't understand "five foot eleven" as being "five feet eleven inches")... but the first couple of times I used her she was actually pretty good. I think she's possibly going to be a novelty though.

The one thing I can't get over is how crisp the screen looks... there's some detailed shit going on there...

rebel capsule x casesFortunately "Bonecrusher" isn't going to be confined to the shitty, cheap case for long... after I got back to the office after picking up the iPhone, I got online and ordered two of the SwitchEasy CapsuleRebelX cases... did I really need two? No, probably not, but the idea of being able to mix and match them was appealing...

Okay, I really didn't need two and I'm kind of having buyers remorse about buying the purple and green one... but it's done now.

I really wanted the case for a couple of reasons. Mostly though, it's the same brand as Bumblebee's case, and that has been an excellent case... I've launched it across the room unintentionally a couple of times and there hasn't been the least bit of a problem. And this is the "next generation" of that case.

But also, like with Bumblebee, the name kinda came out of the case... but unlike the original case, I haven't actually seen them around anywhere, so for a while at least it'll be unique(ish).

lots of pairs of aussiebumsThen, as though I didn't have enough parcels making their way to me as we speak (there are nine now... I got one today, but added two more), Aussiebum was having another one of their sales... and I was intending to buy new underwear for Christmas as soon as they did that... but I may have gotten a little carried away... but there is a large amount of underwear about to be heading my way.

And I did like it... it's very comfortable...

It's just that I'm really supposed to be not spending money at the moment so that I can let my bank balance recover after the Melbourne and Sydney trip.

Oh well, you can't take it with you...

Current Mood:

No comments: