brisvegas

bridge sign cityside highwaygold tower evening clock tower
Well it's taken me most of the afternoon/evening to make with the photo editing, but my five Brisbane posts are now online...
I have to say that I was fairly underwhelmed by Brisbane as a whole.

I can't see us making a return trip there any time soon. Even the weather doesn't really work for me... sure, sunshine is nice in moderation, but temperatures in the low 20's in the middle of Winter really isn't for me.

As I said in one of the posts I also the shopping was disappointing ... it's not really why we go on these trips, but it woulda been nice to at least have had some interesting shops to poke around in.

Even my tweets under the #YBH11 hashtag got a little bit lackluster as the holiday went on...

Hair: Sorted. Last minute toiletries: Sorted. Presumptuous condoms: Sorted. Pizza for dinner: Sorted! #YBH11 (Yani's Brisbane Holiday 2011)

Fuck... Just remembered I forgot to set my Outlook "Out of Office" message... Ah well, who gives a damn ;) #YBH11

Packing will commence in T minus "right after I have something to eat"... #YBH11

Packing achievement: Unlocked! #YBH11 http://instagr.am/p/I1Y7B/

Holy crap, when did the Qantas desk get all high tech? Not overly user friendly tho! #YBH11

Qantas plane, I am in you! #YBH11

Hello Brisbane! It is dark but I am in you! #snoopydance #YBH11

I'm pretty sure I just found the guy on duty at the hotel desk on @grindr... I'm loving this hotel already! #YBH11

Welcome to Dallasty! #ybh11 @ Royal Albert Hotel http://instagr.am/p/I322o/

Asian fusion lamp #ybh11 @ Peony http://instagr.am/p/I4K7b/

Architectural toast #ybh11 @ Stellarossa Eagle Street http://instagr.am/p/I7vex/

Dear Brisbane, you do know it's Winter, right? #YBH11

It doesn't seem to matter where you go in Australia, a food court is a food court! #YBH11

Officially knackered... Walked my toes off... #YBH11

OMG... Brisbane has allowed the bogan and the hipster to breed... I've just seen Bogsters! #YBH11

Breakfast crush... He's cuter from the front, honest... #ybh11 @ Starbucks Coffee, Myer Centre http://instagr.am/p/JBWTc/

Sitting in Queen Street Mall enjoying a burger and the weather! #ybh11 @ Cafe East Queen Street Mall http://instagr.am/p/JCnfn/

It look two extra days, but finally got an Indian meal in Brisbane... And yes Gandhi Curry House, those are pretty good curries! #YBH11

And now... Max Brenner... Woohoo #chocolateoverload #YBH11

If you have a poached egg on a Caesar Salad, it should be hot, right? Same with the bacon? #slightlydisappointinglunchtweet #YBH11

I remember my first trip to Melb... Walked around the whole day & didn't see hotel until after dinner... Now I require a pm rest... #YBH11

Wow... #Brisbane Square transformed into a Farmer's Market in the middle of the week... #Adelaide should be doing that! #YBH11

Gave up... Feet sore... Tired... Came to airport early... Holiday over... #YBH11

I'm on a plane! #Adelaide here we come! #YBH11

And we've landed back in #Adelaide... #YBH11


So yeah... it was a holiday... it was periodically interesting... but it was a bit m'eh...

Current Mood:

No comments: