another city shopping saturday

shopaholic linkWe seem to be gravitating to the city a lot recently... this is the sixth week in a row we've ended up heading into town, partially because it's close and easy to do I think.

This morning started off the same as always, although I had much less tidying up to do because I actually did a bunch of it on Thursday night.

After we were finished with the supermarket stuff, we wandered around Target, Ma bought a bunch of clothes (including a kickass short red trenchcoat) and some old lady tried to chat me up while I was waiting for Ma outside the changerooms...

I was sitting there, minding my own business sending a text message and she started talking too me... freaky old biddy.

Anyway... the usual unpacking and paper reading ensued, then we headed into the city.

First stop was the Bead Shop to get a new clasp for the chain the "fork" I bought last weekend was on... it snapped earlier this week... I wasn't terribly impressed, but it's a really nice chain, so I didn't want to just discard it.

We stopped off in a couple of other shops in Rundle Street, discovered some new street art (sadly I didn't have my camera with me and my iPhone was being difficult), then wandered down the Mall and stopped off in Borders. Any day now, I'm sure they're going to close off the upstairs... the whole place just looks bare and as I said before, more than a little bit tragic.

Ma ended up grabbing some kid's books to put away for various people's offspring at Christmas, because, well, that's what she does. But really, even at 60-80% most of the stuff was too expensive for me to consider.

We headed down to the Myer Centre, did more wandering around, went to look at the puppies again (they had different ones in the playpen) and I ended up holding one of the fluffy little ones I was looking at yesterday... so docile and calm and just sat there on my hand. Granted, while I'm not really a dog person, if I had to choose between the one I was holding and the other one which was much more excited, I would have chosen the excited puppy.

And since they had a cage full of black kittens I wouldn't have chosen a puppy at all if I'd been looking for a pet.

After that we wandered back to the car, dropped in at the North Adelaide Village to pick up a couple of things and that was pretty much it for the day.

It doesn't sound like a lot really, but it kept us occupied.

Current Mood:

No comments: