city street art saturday

crane on blue gary seaman's trio
topham mall looking up
Another Saturday that wasn't especially lengthy but unlike the last couple of weeks it was kinda productive... or at least it felt like that...

The morning started off the way Saturday mornings always start... I decided to wear my new 2xist trunks... and was happy to find that they were really, really comfortable... possibly the most comfortable new underwear I've bought in a while.

Anyway... after we got back and I put everything away and finally got around to sorting out my freezer (I really need to keep a fucking handle on what I keep in my freezer... that shit gets out of hand really quickly). Boring, but necessary.

Once I was done, we headed off to the North Adelaide Village to drop my $500 in change at the bank (so very heavy) and pick up my dry-cleaning.

Next stop was Topham Mall so Ma could see the street art... and interestingly there were already some additions to it since I was there on Monday... so I'm hoping it's going to take on a particularly Melbourne feel... except without the annoying tagging (that will happen eventually I'm sure).

I'm not sure if it was just because Ma and I were there taking photos... but a number of people seemed to stop on their way past to have a look (I'm sure it's more about the art than us).

We then headed down towards Hindley Street and on the way we ran into some tangential relations who we seldom get to see, which was nice...

After we'd checked out the street art in Blythe Street, which included the trio of Gary Seaman, we circled back to the car.

It was only about noon at that point, but there wasn't a whole lot else we wanted to do, so we headed over to Haighs factory outlet to grab some Easter goodies...

Yeah, Haighs factory outlet... the Saturday before Easter... FREAKING CHAOS! And people just standing around taking up space... grrr...

We survived though...

And that was about it... so, not a long day, but like I said, a productive one.

Current Mood:

No comments: