montage saturday: brighton sculptures

the comic of supermarketYou remember how last week I joked about me "hunting down" a number of Mr Sloppys?

Well I currently feel a little bit like I really am hunting them down... like they were Pokemon or something... I happened to see two (possibly three, I can't quite remember now) more while we were driving around today, and I have to go and photograph them tomorrow... Gotta catch em all!

Ahem...

And remember yesterday when I was whining about how hot it has been... it's positively chilly right now... although partly that's because I still have my fan in the doorway making damn sure that the nice cool air from outside becomes the nice cool air INSIDE!

I was a little surprised/disappointed this morning when I was doing my hair after my shower when I noticed that the bleached part on one side comes down further than the bleached part on the other side. Tink has never done that to me before, and I know if I go and mention it she'll fix it right up... except I don't think she works on Mondays...

Alternatively I'll just live with slightly crooked hair.

The Saturday Shopping Routine continued as normal... although we didn't talk about So You Think You Can Dance very much today since we chatted about it on the phone last night. There is definitely going to be a lot of chatting about it again this year though (insert appropriate squeeee noise here)...

Sorry, distracted myself with videos of old SYTYCD routines (there may also have been a little crying... shut up)... where was I?

Yes, right, shopping... Blah, blah, blah, same as always...

Given that the weather was wonderfully cool for the first time in what feels like forever, neither of us were particularly interested in going somewhere that was overly "inside"... but "outside" covers a lot of ground. Fortunately the Brighton Jetty Classic Sculptures (think Sculpture By The Sea Lite) is on until tomorrow, so we decided to go and take a look at then, then wander in a beach adjacent manner...

montage: brighton sculpturesYou remember how I said "Sculpture By The Sea Lite"... something on an understatement.

Don't get me wrong... there were some decent pieces, a number of which were reasonably affordable (if you had the room), but the mix of indoor and outdoor sculptures just didn't do it for me (basically there should have been a whole lot more outdoor ones). Sure, if I'd never seen the "real thing", maybe... but it just made me lament for what they could have done.

And old people... standing around, getting all up in my business and blocking my photos... just because you're very old, don't think I won't slap you...

But it was a good way to kill an hour or so, in between perving on half naked (and presumably somewhat chilly) guys in and around the beach.

I also really don't understand my iPhone camera... it hasn't worked since Wednesday... and suddenly, this morning, it started working... which lasted until about 3pm, then it stopped... only to start again around 6pm... *mutter*

At least it came in useful... as proven by the photos I posted to Instagr.am earlier... including one of my favourite sculpture...

Anyway, after we'd done the rather sparse array of sculptures, we wandered up Jetty Road at Brighton (which, honestly, is always highly hit and miss), then wandered back to the car and trundled up the road to Glenelg where we went and got bento boxes and sat by the beach with them.

There was also much additional perving, including two guys who were probably around 18-19 who had just come out of the water... one in board shorts and the other fully dressed in jeans and a teeshirt... WTF???

Once we were done with the bento... and my camera had run out of film so I couldn't get the perfect shot of the two idiot boys walking back into the ocean... we headed back up Jetty Road (Glenelg this time, obviously) and stopped at Bracegirdle for something to drink... mmmm hot chocolate!

Speaking of which... after we wandered back to the car and headed homeward, we stopped off at the Haigh's factory... which, for me was supposed to be "just looking". I bought some stuff yesterday after my haircut, and didn't really need any more. Damn you Haigh's and your "seconds and irregulars" shelves!

I'm not going to mention the exact number, but it had two digits, the first of which wasn't a one...

So that's about it really... I somehow managed to get a little sunburned on a grey and cloudy day... it's not bad... just intensely stupid on my part.

Current Mood:

No comments: