photo friday: bondi love

bondi loveI love parcels. I may have mentioned that one or two hundred times before... but I do... I love getting parcels, opening parcels... love, love, love, love.

Which (awkward segue) is why this particular piece of street art from Bondi is appropriate for today... this week I've had not one, but two parcels! *squeeeeeeee*

Inappropriate teeshirts, hand signed DVDs, the Wonderbra of men's underwear... what's not to love.

Sorry... that's terribly materialistic and shallow of me... but I do love a good parcel!

Oh, and there's 35 days until Christmas...

THIRTY FIVE DAYS! That's only five weeks.

*cue Kermit style arm flailing and minor freakout*

Ma and I need to sort out all our pre Christmas dates... the stupid Christmas Party in my street has been brought forward a week (it's always the first Sunday in December, but because December starts on a Wednesday they've gone and changed it to the weekend before... grr), so I won't be able to time the trimming of the Christmas tree with that... so it looks like the tree will be December 5 and Christmas goodies will be on December 19.

So let's see... I have a BBQ to go to this Sunday (I'm half thinking of wearing my vaguely inappropriate teeshirt, but it's going to be quite warm and the teeshirt is quite black, so maybe not), the following Saturday is the Goodwood Road and Magnolia Square markets, the following week will be the tree, then a week that I'm sure will involve last minute shopping decisions, then Christmas goodies and then it's Christmas. Then another week and it's 2011.

Holy crap...

Anyway, on a completely unrelated note... I want new bookcases before the year is out... not sure that's going to happen though, as I also need to hit somebody with a large transportation device up so I can donate my existing bookcases to The Reading Room (I think I've mentioned this before). Why don't I know anybody who owns a van and who potentially owes me a favour?

I was a bit chuffed today... I'd shown one of the graphic designers at work Ma's calendar for next year and she wanted to see the previous versions so I took them in today and all three designers were suitably impressed, particularly with my photography.

Speaking of the calendar, I have finally finished it now... after redoing the date layers three times...

sydney calendar 2011Kind of like last year, but portrait orientation instead of the usual landscape. Now all I need to do is buy new printer ink tomorrow and I'm away!

It's not been a particularly productive week at work to be honest. Partly because I had two days where I was on my own and nothing really happened, so it left me not really wanting to do very much. That then resulted in one of the peripheral members of our team sending an email that they really had no reason to be sending, it should have come from me... which then made me cranky. Grrr...

Taking a long lunch with some retail therapy helped... but it's just annoying.

As is the fact we're about to head into the first stretch of hot weather for the year... I hate Summer so much...

But now I'm tired... so time for bed...

Current Mood:

No comments: