photo friday: samurai artist

samurai artist, melbourneThis guy just happened to be doing live artwork when we were in Melbourne Central... and I managed to snap some pictures of the finished version as well.

Today has been something of a horrid day interspersed with moments of cool...

I spent most of the day listening to people with various accents sell me on the benefits of their usability tools, none of which did the same job as the one we were intending to use but which had browser compliance issues.

And there's nothing... so who the hell knows what we're going to end up doing...

It also rained today... and I mean RAINED... big fat rain with thunder and lightning and everything. But fortunately when I went out at lunch it was "straight down" rain so my big gigantic umbrella saved my butt and I didn't even get my shoes that damp.

And speaking of lightning... this is what I call hardcore:
A 60-year-old woman was struck by lightning at the Defence Science and Technology Organisation about 11.30am but was uninjured and drove herself to the Lyell McEwin Hospital.
At the moment though it's very much not "straight down", it appears to be banging intermittently against my living room windows, which is quite an achievement due to the two foot overhanging balcony above the front of my place. In a word, windy.

While I was at lunch I made an appointment for Haircut Day next Friday too... so, productive too...

It's been a very audio/visual kind of 24 hours really... I watched a few online videos when I got home from work that made me a bit misty eyed, and last night I started listening to an interview with Adam Savage which was really fascinating... I just need to find time to listen to the other half...

But for now I think I'll curl up with my blanket and have some dinner.

Current Mood:

No comments: