golden coinage

gold coinsIn November last year I counted up all of my coins... well, all of the silver coins anyway, and came to the rather impressive and, as it turns out, incredibly weighty sum of $647.30...

Well, I'd officially filled the two money boxes I'm using to store my $2 and $1 coins in after the weekend, so I decided now was as good a time as any (it's that Spring Cleaning thing again) to count it all up and then work out what is going into the bank and what isn't ...

Turns out I have $2,296.40... although, to be honest, $2,110 of that is gold coins, and $1,560 is specifically $2 coins...

Scary really...

But it all adds to the bank balance which is helpful.

Although I'm only putting about half of it in the bank... thankfully it won't weigh anywhere near as much though. Now all I need are some more little plastic baggies from the bank...

Current Mood:

2 comments:

Tom said...

Crikey, that's impressive. I do that with 5 and 10 cent coins and sometimes 20's, but never get to more than about $20 of gold coins before using them. :-)

yani said...

Oh, I use them too... not a lot of them, but I used like $5.50 a week for iced coffees... ;)

Mostly it's just because whatever change comes out of my pocket when I get home goes straight in the boxes and never comes out again.