saturday with voting, schaffas and ikea

voteA couple of days ago I came up with a really witty comment about the election and voting that compared it to the Wicked Witches from The Wizard of Oz...

There was a whole thing about our fearless leaders and dropping a house on one and melting the other with a bucket of water... but I didn't write it down and now I have no idea what it was...

It was amusing though, honest...

Anyway...

I know it's democracy at work and all that, but honestly, the sausage sizzle we had after we voted was more interesting to me than the actual process of voting.

I'm sure there should be some repercussions to either result, but I can't honestly say that my life changed in any measurable way after the last Federal Election, and since neither major party can truly be said to be the lesser of two evils I can't wait until all the hoopla is over and done with and I can go back to happily ignoring politics.

Once we were done with our democratic duty we headed off for Supermarket Safari time.

There wasn't much excitement there either, unless you count the fact that I'm going to be making a big pot of soup tomorrow. No, I didn't think it was that exciting either...

After we were finished with the weekly shop, and we'd done the usual unpacking and whatnot, we decided to head into the city. Even though we've been in the city for the past two weekends we haven't really been able to have a good look around since we've had to run off to the mechanic to pick up various cars at the drop of the proverbial hat.

So today was a bit of a slow wander and a bit of an in-depth poke around. And it also proved that sometimes you just have to be in the right place at the right time...

We parked in our usual spot and decided to head down the Mall and part of Rundle St before swinging around and coming back. Our turnaround destination was Urban Cow Studio, which we often say we should visit but very seldom manage it.

Then we headed back up Rundle Street on the opposite side of the road so we could call into Diamonds Cameras so I could ask about my tripod when I spied the sign for the Schaffas 2 exhibition...

These were some of my favourites...

schaffas 2Schaffas 2
Po-Po by Benzo, A Shadow of Light in the Darkness of Night by Gary Seaman, Akako by Tom Herman,
Waldo by Lorell Lehman, Bipedendaffus Giganteum by Chris Edser
and Wilson's Lesser Schaffasbok by Tait Wilson

I knew the exhibition was around somewhere thanks to Twitter, but I hadn't been able to work out exactly where it was, but it turned out to be in the large open foyer between two offices... and it was doubly lucky because it was the final day of the whole thing.

I knew there were some cool pieces but I didn't know that both Benzo and Gary Seaman were part of the exhibition... so that was a nice surprise. Sadly though, all of the great ones had already been sold... but it just makes me even more determined that at some point I will own one of Gary Seaman's pieces!

Which sounds kinda filthy somehow... which makes it even more appealing...

Anyway...

That done, and a non-committal answer of "we'd need to see your tripod" (which also sounds dirty) when I asked if I could get a new head for it (more filth, I should stop now) we poked around Smiggle a bit (awww geisha cat and ninja dog designs!), Ma very nearly caught a shoplifter in the stationery store next to Smiggle and we wandered about in Borders for a bit.

After stopping off for a bit of a rest and a Boost Juice we ambled back to the car via Haighs since our car park ticket was nearly up...

Since Rockchick decided she wanted to reclaim ownership of the plant I was babysitting for her, I wanted to find a replacement Lucky Bamboo, so we headed down to Ikea for no other reason really than the fact that I knew they had the perfect single stems and the perfect containers...

I also drooled over the bookcases yet again... and crooned "Soon my pretties, soon!" to them... okay, not really, but I did think it...

I did happen to fall under that strange Ikea spell though and bought some brightly coloured plastic cutlery... and I have no idea why...

So essentially that was our Saturday... not exactly high octane, but enjoyable!

Current Mood:

No comments: