rock chick's return

rock chickSomething of an odd day... good, but odd... mostly due to The Return of Rock Chick!

She's been gone since March last year, so it was a little weird having her back... when I went to let her in, seeing her again felt like it had only been about 5 minutes since I last saw her, and at the same time it feels like it's been about 5000 years...

And completely unintentionally I ended up going through a lot of the stuff that had we were up to while she was away... which was also weird... part "new person induction", part "just like old times".

So we'll see how the dynamic comes together in days to come...

I also had to bug out of work early because the plumber was coming over to relight my hot water (for the 500th time this winter)... and hopefully he fixed the issue that was stopping me from relighting it myself, so when it goes out again during one of the upcoming windy days I'll be able to take care of it.

There is totally nothing like a hot shower when you've been deprived of one for a whole week though... I felt much more human when I was finished, as well as being toasty warm... now just cross your fingers for me and hopefully the water will stay hot...

But I don't feel so bad about having to call him out... he told me that he's out here a lot relighting the hot water heaters... of course that also means that if I'd called about it on Friday or Monday he probably could have come out then, but I'm sure the pilot light would have given up the ghost between times anyway.

Cross your fingers for me though!

Current Mood:

1 comment:

TOY COUTURE said...

I have a similiar situation with my A/C so I'll definantly keep my fingers crossed!