all over the place saturday

shopper crossingSomehow, even when our Saturday Shopping Adventures seem like they should end fairly early, there comes a certain point in the day when time just seems to run away from us...

Ma had to take her car into Mr Mechanic Man again (to fix something they needed to order a part for), so for the third weekend in a row I tootled down the road in my car to meet Ma at the supermarket.

When I got up and finally took a look out of the window there was fog... and I couldn't see the end of the road in either direction... I love fog... although I've never had to drive in it. Fortunately I still haven't, since by the time I was ready to go the fog had cleared out of North Adelaide. There was still a band of fog around the supermarket but that cleared up by the time we were finished.

The mechanic said that Ma's car would only take half an hour, so she went off to pick it up while I headed back here to unpack and wait for her.

There really wasn't anything we needed or anywhere we especially wanted to go, so we ended up heading down to Marion, since we haven't been down there in a while.

And it was about the same as usual... we wandered up, we wandered down, we wandered up and we wandered down again... looked in all the usual places, stopped for a Boost and that was pretty much it...

On the way back we decided to stop off at The Christmas Shop... because, you know, it's August... and you never know what new stock they might have in. And yes, I managed to find two new little toy soldiers... and they were selling out some Christmas themed classic Winnie The Pooh plushes... so I couldn't resist Piglet, Tigger and Eeyore, since they're "my boys"...

Actually I think it might be time to reread the books again... although I'm not completely sure where they are...

Then (after some confusion over direction and where the correct road is) we ended up wandering along King William Road at Hyde Park (which, now that I think about it, is where the time disappeared), which also didn't really result in anything...

And then we called in at the 24 Hour Bakery to get some lunch...

So a bit of an all over the place day, and with no real accomplishments...

Current Mood:

1 comment:

rogantyley said...

Yani, I do like to read your blogs. they make me smile.