saturday wanderings with bowerbird

bowerbird bazaarI swear Saturdays just slip through my fingers like really fine sand... one minute it's 8am and we're off on a Supermarket Safari, and then the next minute it's 4pm and Ma's heading home... and there's been a lot of stuff in between but it doesn't seem like it should have taken that long...

Today started off as usual with Supermarket Safari... I will say that I'm incredibly glad I have the ShopShop app on my iPhone, because it makes sure that I have a shopping list with me, and made sure I didn't forget a couple of things today. Granted I don't always put very much ON the list, and this week was another "shopping lite" trip, but still.

After unpacking and watching Ma fiddle around with her latest DS game (which I suggested she get, and which I think is going to turn out to be more challenging than she thinks) and then we headed off to Bowerbird Bazaar...

It was a lot busier than the one back in October (even though we actually went on a Sunday that time)... more stalls, more people, more stuff.

It's very attractive stuff too... although mostly Ma and I just seem to wander around and collect cards and random bits of paper... must stop that, since we never ever do anything about it.

Sadly, the KeepCup woman wasn't there last time, because I wanted to find out if it was possible to buy just the cup... I erred on the side of caution too much last time and really should have gotten the bigger size. But alas... I'll have to wait until we go to Melbourne again.

There's a large amount of stuff that I COULD have gotten sucked into, but none of it is cheap (but then if it's quality, it doesn't need to be)... although I did fall in love with one of the Paper Anatomicas from Almond Tree Frames... I knew I wanted to get something from them, but couldn't decide what... I quite liked one of the Paper Forest designs, but honestly, it just wasn't "out there" enough. So in the end I got one of the Anatomica rabbits... but not just the plain one, I fell in love with one that I originally thought had some sort of Chinese newspaper making up the rabbit shape, but it turned out to be an old French map... and it was the only one they had there (and one of a limited edition of 25). I kinda knew I had to get it when I saw a couple mulling over whether to get it or not and I had that instant stab of "mine!", so thankfully they didn't buy it.

Once again we had lunch at Let Them Eat, and this time I passed on most of the salads, so it was much more enjoyable. I also spoke with the guy from re:vision and might end up selling him my very old camera... it's not much use, but I'm not sure how ready I am to part with it.

Our last stop was From Scratch Patisserie...

from scratch french macaroonsAren't these just the CUTEST things ever! And packaged up in an egg carton! Too cute!

I ended up with the green (appley), pink and yellow ones while Ma took the other three home... We also bought a chocolate crunchy slice thing which was yummy and a chocolate berry tart thing which was AMAZING!

It was actually quite warm in the Queens Theatre, and as I said there were a lot of people (not helping with the warm... or my mental health, because people have no idea how to WALK and not take up all available space)... so eventually we called "Over It" and headed off to Marion.

Is it proof that you have no life when you remember the titles of DVDs that your boss asked you about back in January and you still have the message on your phone about it? Score 2 brownie points for me though... now if only I could find large bags of Samboy Chicken chips!

But mostly we did what we do every single time we go to Marion... we wandered around and looked at DVDs and not much else...

That doesn't mean it's not an enjoyable day out... just that we're highly predictable...

Now I just need to decide if I want to spend Earth Hour in my traditional manner... I've been umming and ahhhing about it, but part of my brain has already the decision, so I just need to work out whether to agree with it or not...

Current Mood:

No comments: