time flies when you're shopping

guy in vw van... only tangentially connect to today's story since neither me or my car look anything like thisEven after all this time, I don't really get how we can do what feels like not very much at all, but it can still take up the whole day...

Proof that time really does fly when you're having fun (or driving to places and wandering around) I guess.

Today started out with a trip to Mr Mechanic Man... which all went off without a hitch... then did the Supermarket Safari, came back here, unpacked and were in the city by 10am...

Mostly we went to look at the discounted Christmas paper/cards they had marked down, and a disturbingly large amount of time and money later we walked out of there with far too much stuff... but it's good quality and it was cheap... so...

We ended up just poking around in bookstores really, because our next stop was Dymocks, and as we were heading up to the second floor Mr Mechanic Man called to say the car was ready, so we headed back...

And woohoo, my radio is mostly fixed... no more ugly crackle sound while the car is running. Supposedly he replaced the sparkplugs which mostly stopped it, but honestly, if the aerial is the authentic kind, why the hell would it have an issue, given that I had the car for years with no problems.

Ma wanted to head over to Flourish, for no real reason, but we did... and they had the M-Cups... measuring cups in the shape of matryoshka nesting dolls which was handy since I lost the handle to my cup measure the other week (it broke right off... rude!). Although not that these ones HAVE handles... but they're pretty.

Then we hit Kmart, because they were having a special on iTunes cards... 2 $30 cards for $50 (or $49.87 or something). Bonus! We split the cost, I kept one (Madonna's I'm Breathless here I come) and Ma has put one away for my birthday.

Our last stop was Officeworks... Ma still wants a stand for her laptop, although she's not in any real hurry... and she walked out with nothing while I walked out with a fairly cheap but functional clock/radio/iPhone dock for my bedside table and a cute little stylus for my iPhone. It's very adorable, with a padded end and it extends and everything, but it takes more pressure than I would like to make it register on the screen (and makes typing take forever)... so useful, but not great.

After we came back here I fiddled around with Ma's laptop for her... mostly she just needed access to my internet connection, but I think she also just likes for somebody to hold her hand a bit occasionally, which I'm happy to do.

And then suddenly it was 4pm...

Current Mood:

No comments: