photo friday: fringe astronauts

fringe astronautsThere are eight giant inflatable astronauts invading Adelaide...

As well as these two standing guard over Victoria square, there is one perched atop the Adelaide Town Hall, one scuttling along the side of the Bank SA buildings on King William St, another climbing the balcony of Nova 919 on Hindmarsh Square and one attacking the AC Arts in Light Square (I can't seem to find any photos of that one, so I'm not certain what it's actually doing). Plus there's one upside down in what appears to be a giant umbrella at the Garden of Unearthly Delights and another in Rymill Park.

So there will probably be more photos as I track down these spacemen...

Today has very much been a day of defeated expectations...

I overslept, got up, was planning to go for my walk, realised I was just too damn tired, so I curled up on my bed for about half an hour and had a little nap.

Then I got into work, fully intending to work on changes to the project I knocked over earlier this week, but found an email in my inbox that needed a reply and ended up banging out an A4 page worth of reply to that instead... then one of our team who'd left to have a baby came in with baby in tow, so I had to coo and goo and have a hold of the baby. So that killed far too much time... then just before lunch a total stranger came in with her little boy who was just so fricken adorable. He had these massive blue anime eyes and was just too cute, so when he wandered over to us he ended up bouncing from Sugarmonkey to me for a while.

Finally I got around to working on the project changes at around 2pm...

Then before I knew it it was hometime...

Oh, and I stopped off at the Fringe ticket office at lunchtime and bought a ticket for The Boy With Tape On His Face, which is supposed to be excellent. That brings my total Fringe tickets up to seven... which is a 600% increase from last year... and a 700% increase from the year before.

I am Fringe Monster, hear me roar. And yes, I'm aware that there are people who will be seeing 3 or 4 times that many shows (and that there are supposed to be about 700 shows on altogether), but it's big as far as I'm concerned.

Current Mood:

No comments: