the end of a timelord

the end of time for the tenth doctorI have no idea why the hell Doctor Who has such an effect on me...

I don't know if it's David Tennant, or Russell T Davis, or what, but ever since the ninth Doctor regenerated into the tenth Doctor, I end up a basket case on a regular basis...

And tonight was no exception... invariably I end up crying a bit at the end of each season, and this was worse because it was the end of David Tennant's reign as The Doctor. So basically I spend the last 20 minutes or so of the final show sobbing... we were way past crying at this point... in fact I went into, as Oprah calls it, The Ugly Cry. There was snot, there were tears, there was some sobbing... it was very unattractive.

I also didn't even realise where the prophesied "four knocks" came from until afterwards... which is probably a good thing, because there was more than enough sobbing... especially as The Doctor said goodbye to everyone...

Having seen the new Doctor's outfit though, I have to say, not a fan of the bowtie! He did look hot in David's outfit...

Current Mood:

5 comments:

The Time Boy said...

Glad you enjoyed but yea was soooo sad! I watched it with a mate and trying not to cry in front of him was almost impossible! Was an appropriately impressive send off though. The new boy has seriously big shoes to fill! BTW, I wonder who the woman was...so many possibilities?

yani said...

Well actually he has to fill fairly average sized red Converse sneakers ;) but I know what you mean.

I saw a quote on Twitter earlier from Neil Gaiman... "You ALWAYS don't like the new Dr Who. It's a rule. You miss the last one. But after a few weeks (or less) he's the Doctor. It's inevitable."

Granted, the same thing works for Companions too...

My immediate thoughts on the woman were "Doctor's mother", "Master's mother", "Doctor's wife", "Unidentified plot point they'll explain to us later" :)

Janek said...

Your presumptions about the woman agree with mine, except Romana also featured in my list.

Also, I torrented the show and watched it on Jan 2 or 3, so ha. I have no time to wait for them to be shown in Australia. Same with Lost, which I keep torrented. Then I can watch them when and how often I like without waiting. And it's only mildly illegal.

The Time Boy said...

I also wondered about his mother or Romana. The woman when talking to Wilfred said she was lost a long time ago - Susan Foreman his grand daughter departed a bit like that in 1964! The Rani seems less likely but what about the White Guardian, given her clothes and ethereal nature, albeit a change of sex required!

A new Doctor and companion is always a leap of faith - I remember as a kid being sad when Jon Pertwee regenerated and of course Sara Jane leaving! Not to mention Tom Baker! Donna is right up there though in my view. Am sure Steven Moffat will be excellent at the helm.

yani said...

Actually, Romana is definitely out... she's an uncredited cameo according to the cast list on IMDB... no idea where, unless she's one of the people around the table... or maybe she ended up in a deleted scene, I dunno...

Other than that, I don't know enough Doctor Who lore to really comment...