photo friday: 5000 gallery

wooden benzo and storeIt's amazing what you find when you're on your way from Point A to Point B on a Friday afternoon...

Well, my feet are killing me, all the higher registers in my voice are gone and I'm adrift somewhere in the vast wasteland of dehydrated, drunk and hungover... So obviously tonight was the Semi Annual Past and Present Nut House Staff Drinkies.

While I do so enjoy them because there's such a long time between them (and, you know, all the drinking and talking and general carousing), they do tend to take their toll... as does the fact that I decided to walk home in my little red Converse... we're talking massive blisters on both of my little toes...

Truth be told, I didn't really drink THAT much... but as we all know, I'm a lightweight when it comes to alcohol, so I was already skating the edge of tiddly before I'd even finished my second drink. I'm presently hitting the water bottle to make sure I don't wake up with a hangover.

There was large amounts of oversharing... not always from me, and I do like to talk at the best of times there wasn't anything I said that I wouldn't have said when I was sober...

Oddly enough, because Adelaide is so small, one of the guys who used to work with us now works with one of J's ex's... so there was a whole semi awkward greeting as they were going out of the door. Obviously I'm not memorable though, or else he's blocked that whole incident out of his mind, but you would think that you'd remember the guests at a social occasion that signalled the end of your relationship. Obviously not.

Now if only it wasn't so damn hot...

Current Mood:

No comments: