half assed saturday shopping

animal supermarket, the album... and no i'm not kiddingOkay, so the weather is decidedly unhelpful and we haven't quite gotten our Christmas freak on... so that should pretty much tell you exactly what kind of half assed shopping experience we had today.

It was Ma's turn for a Haircut Day, so it was something of a slow start to the day... I ended up going to meet her at the supermarket, which was something of a pointless exercise, but saved a little bit of time I guess.

With the weather forecast for next week being "foul followed by ick", I didn't end up getting a lot... there's no point really, I won't be doing any really cooking, so I'm better off buying whatever salad or fresh stuff I need as I go along.

So once we were done with the shopping, we came back here, did the unpacking thing while watching part of an old Audrey Hepburn movie on one of the digital channels (oddly, I really wanted to say "on cable" then... I'm not sure if there's actually a generic term like that for the whole digital television thing), then headed down to the Gepps Cross Homemaker Centre.

And... yeah... there is a fairly decent JB HiFi down there (and I ran into, but mutually ignored a guy who works on the same floor as me... and I was certain he was a big homo, but he was there with a woman and another couple, so unless there was some big complex dynamic going on, maybe he is straight... but he so isn't, even if he is)... and we went and looked at the puppies and the kittens (awwwww). The main reason for the little trip was to check out the new Toys R Us store to see if they had the little bunny that I'm looking for in stock... no such luck.

I also bought a new towel... a big, king size one... I have a number of smaller ones, but only a couple of big ones... plus it's bright green, which none of my other towels are.

It's also kind of weird to be wandering around shopping in the approximate location where I once took photos of a model in nothing but his underwear... to be honest, I think the exact spot is probably in the middle of the carpark, but it was still slightly odd.

Once we'd had enough we headed back to my place, but I swung past Atlantic DVD on the way back and we wandered around for a good long while before coming away with a couple of bits and pieces.

Not an overly exciting day out...

No comments: