photo friday: king of melbourne

benzo king in caledonian laneThe first of what will probably be a LOT of shots of Melbourne street art... and it's an absolutely massive (notice the door that starts at his chin) Benzo piece.

I have to say though that I'm glad that this week is over. I've very much been all over the place this week... geographically, mentally, emotionally...

And it hasn't helped that I've had very little sleep for most of the week... especially last night.

Although last night falls much more in the plus column... what should have been a quiet night at home turned into a fairly wild and adventurous threesome (one interstate visitor, one other local and me). I certainly got to check an item off my "I'd like to try that at least once" list (and no, it's not the threesome thing, and no I'm not telling you what exactly it might be).

It also meant that I didn't get home until 12:30am, and once I'd sorted everything out here, it was pretty much 1:30am.

Unfortunately since I was up at 5:30am, I only got four hours sleep, so I was seriously falling asleep by around lunchtime... which then lead to me getting a somewhat severe energy drink (of course it probably didn't help that I had a "double" one). On the upside it did wake me up...

Speaking of work... Monday should be interesting (or possibly really, really boring, I'm not sure yet), pretty much everyone on the floor will be going off to a planning day, but I'll be holding the fort for The Nut House (thankfully... the planning day sounds like it's going to be an extreme case of corporate tedium)... I figured I might as well go to work in vaguely casual gear since who's really going to know or care. Hopefully there won't be too much thumb twiddling... I'm pretty sure I have enough to keep me occupied for the whole day, plus there'll be the inevitable panic that will occur at some point during the day (since there usually is when nobody else is around).

And while we're talking about wearing casual gear to work, I wore my new tartan shoes today... not bad actually... after all the walking we did in Melbourne I ended up with a couple of blisters (the exact same spot on each foot actually)... so I was dealing with the after effects of those, but all things considered the shoes are pretty comfortable. I don't think I was wearing the right jeans to go with them though... I may need to look for some new black jeans... they seem like they're more a "black jeans" kind of shoe.

I keep forgetting to mention (well, since Wednesday anyway)... I won tickets... woohoo... we like tickets. They're to the new Sam Rockwell movie, Moon. I'd completely forgotten that I'd even entered the competition, what with Melbourne and everything, but H-San mentioned it on Wednesday morning (and called me a "jammy bugger"... which is only because I've called him the same thing when he's won tickets in similar competitions). Unfortunately I haven't gotten them yet, otherwise Ma and I could have gone to the movies this weekend.

I also went down to see my newly returned hairdresser, Tink, yesterday... that and book my "Christmas Haircut" (I just have to remember now that I have that 20% off text message. It was really good to see Tink again, and as soon as she saw me in the salon she came over to give me a big hug. I don't know if I'll end up going in between now and Christmas (which seems strange to say, but then it is only a couple of months away... scary thought), we'll have to see I guess.

My photo from Matt Irwin showed up today... fortunately Ma was coming down to my place today anyway, because for reasons that somehow defy logic the postman decided to leave it sitting on the doorstep where anybody could have just walked off with it. While it's not quite as grand and imposing as the really large canvas print I originally saw, but it's still an awesome shot (and it came in the funkiest cardboard container). Now I just need to work out where in the world I'm going to put it (well, that and buy a frame for it).

Sugarmonkey has given me the first six episodes of True Blood to watch since I've heard so much about it... hopefully I'll be able to find time to watch at least a couple of episodes on the laptop over the weekend.

Time does seem to have a way of getting away from me at the moment though... because I had so little sleep last night I fully intended to have a very, very early night tonight... but I completely forgot about it. I choose to blame J for that one... he called me up after he'd finished Uni tonight and ended up coming over for a while... which then threw me off for the rest of the night. I should probably just go to bed and worry about tidying up tomorrow morning. As I think I've said many times though... that's both the advantage and disadvantage of living in such a small apartment. While it can seem untidy really quickly, it's also usually just as quick to be able to tidy it up again.

But now I think I'm just babbling...

Current Mood:

No comments: