flowery wednesday update

morning blossoms miniature daffodilsIt's amazing the difference a few extra minutes can make in the morning... I had enough time to snap these shots on the way to the bus stop...

B'eh... I still have no idea what the hell I'm having for dinner... I'm only just getting over being very, very full.

La Ninj, H-San, Sugarmonkey and I went out for lunch today... no reason, just because... and we went to The Saracens which was very nice... the hottest barman (with the coolest neon yellow shoes ever), very tasty burger (Australian Wagyu, bacon, egg, grilled pineapple, beetroot, tomato, lettuce, cheese & tomato sauce served on a Turkish roll)... and a well put together dining room... but I think the beer (which, as always, went straight to my head because I'm such a fricken lightweight) mixed with the massive amount of burger resulting in some ongoing bloating issues and I spent at least part of the afternoon in a food coma.

So, obviously there wasn't really all that much work that went on this afternoon... and that wasn't helped when the internet went down for a while (not long enough to properly justify an extended period of goofing off, but enough to be annoying)... not that I was really doing very much that was internet related... but I could have been.

And of course, because the day had been reasonably quiet, it was only in the twenty minutes or so before I left that things went a little bit nuts... always the way...

Speaking of the internet (see, look at that... seamless segue)... I've been going backwards and forwards about whether to bother with the whole "Naked DSL" thing... and I think, based purely on the fact that it's going to be cheaper (the same price I'm paying now actually), I'm just going to go with regular ADSL, but I'll get the VOIP modem (just in case).

Part of my decision is also based on the fact that Naked DSL takes 10-20 days to happen, whereas the normal ADSL takes 5-10... and my current plan runs out at the end of the month, plus I'm going to Melbourne right after that... so I don't want to be dicking around with ISPs the day before I go on my trip.

I also been looking for a laptop bag... I'm not sure how much I'd actually use one, but given the amount of dust that happens in my place, it would be nice to be able to pack the laptop away... plus if I ever do decide to take it anywhere, I have a bag...

the crumpler 'winston fleece' laptop bagAnd because none of the ones that I'd seen so far grabbed me (small though that number has been), plus I had a vague recollection of Eddy saying something about getting a Crumpler bag for his laptop, added to my ongoing love for the brand, I went to see the nice girlies at the Crumpler store.

Sadly it took much more effort than it should have... Monday the store was shut ("Back in 2 minutes"), then yesterday I forgot to take the dimensions of the laptop with me, and it turned out that the bag I really wanted, the Winston Fleece (seen to the right), they didn't have in red. Rude! But they're getting one in from Head Office and it should be in by the end of the week. Woohoo!

Mmmmm red and Crumplery...

I'm getting there... I will admit though that I'm actually more freaked out about getting the ADSL connected than I am about the trip to Melbourne (and I did realise this morning that I'm going to have to go through and fix every single mood icon, since they're all sitting on my old ISP... joy!)...

One potential crisis at a time, obviously...

Current Mood:

6 comments:

Tom said...

www.rushfaster.com.au are fantastic for bags. Excellent service. They don't do crumpler though.

I've always sort of like the crumpler bags, sort of not. I've got a manhattan portage bag and a booq laptop sleeve. Love them both! :)

If you coincide the ADSL upgrade with the Melbourne trip then you won't go through the no internetz pain!

yani said...

I've have to take a look at rushfaster... but I do so love my Crumpler lol...

I wasn't thinking that there would be any required "no internetz"... I'm on dialup with a completely different company, and I'm not doing the Naked thing, so it's less complicated (I would have needed to be at home when they connected stuff), I just assumed it would go from "Old ISP Dial Up" to "New ISP ADSL"... I think I need to call them tomorrow and ask them stuff...

Buggeration...

Tom said...

Ha ha, you're new to all this aren't you. Nope, the little man from Telstra has to walk out to the exchange and unplug your phone and "provision" it with ADSL. Then the man from the ISP has to wander along and plug you in to their system. And then if the copper to your house isn't up to scratch that might need another visit from the Telstra man (who own the cable to the edge of your property). Fun fun fun. Worth it though!

Sunshine said...

Yep, we have multiple Crumpler bags. The one I love the most is my 13' School Hymn laptop case - it's absolutely gorgeous. :)

yani said...

You're a bad and confusing man Thomas... to get ADSL I don't loose my phone at all... if I was going Naked (with the phone calls going over the net) then the lack of phone thing applies... I called them today (actually H-San told me, but I wanted to confirm it)... and given the crap performance of my computer tonight, I'm going into work tomorrow and signing right up...

Tom said...

Really? That's good. I'm sure I had a few days sans phone when I moved to ADSL for the first time, but it was so long ago now... ;)