photo friday: cardboard tube samurai

the cardboard tube samurai
Coiled, as spring dawns

I've been totally in love with the Cardboard Tube Samurai from Penny Arcade for some time now... so once I saw that they were making these figures, I had to get one. It's some quality workmanship too... well, other than the fact that his hat slides around and you have to sit him up high to get the best out of him. But really, those are minor points. I was also impressed by how quickly he got here, it was only a little over a week ago that I placed my order.

I played around with my indoor palm and my Foo Lion statue... set up some diorama action... and used my bedside lamp on one side and the natural blue light coming in through the lounge windows on the other. I'm pretty impressed with the results actually.

You can tell somebody who's really good at their customer service job when you can see their face light up as they acknowledge you. And of course it never hurts if they're damn pretty (even with an inexplicable black spot on their nose), know what it is that you're looking for (in this case a copy of the Phase 10 card game) and can get hold of it for you. So thank you Peter, you were both helpful and pretty, which is all I ever ask of shop assistants.

I was doubly impressed when I got an SMS at lunchtime today to tell me that the game was ready for me to pick up (I only ordered it yesterday). And then I was a little freaked out when the box the completely different staff member showed me was tiny, tiny, tiny compared with the one that Marc's version is in. But I opened it up just before and it turns out that the cards are much smaller than the one's in Marc's set... which may make for much easier handling given that having on to ten cards at a time can get a little problematic.

I spend all day yesterday sending email after email after email after email. Well, looking stuff up and then emailing people. But yeah, it was a very email heavy day yesterday. Today was better. Quiet, since Sugarmonkey is on leave until Wednesday, but mostly better.

"Good Morning Mr Irish Jogging Man... yes indeed I can instruct you in the intricacies of the River Torrens Linear Trail. And now that I have, could I possible be of any assistance in servicing you sexually?" What! He was cute and had the whole Irish accent thing working for him. I don't think he was one of the Irish jockeys that are currently in town though... too tall.

The Toy Soldier Cross-Stitch Odyssey continues. I worked on it on every night this week except Tuesday (if only for an hour or so in some cases), and I'll probably continue with it again tonight in between watching So You Think You Can Dance.

Current Mood:

No comments: