my little soldier

and now it's doneIt's been two weeks since I came up with the pattern, and a week since I started... and now my little test cross-stitch toy soldier is done.

And I've only stuck myself in the finger with the needle about half a dozen times, which is pretty good. What I like about coming up with your own pattern is that if you make a minor mistake (check the foot on the pattern versus his actual foot), you can just pretend it was supposed to be like that (and I actually do like the pointier shoe).

I really enjoyed this return to the whole arts and crafts genre... it kept me entertained and gave me something to do with my hands while watching teevee, although I did find myself concentrating more on the cross-stitch than the teevee at certain points (not that that's a bad thing). Interestingly though, I think it shows that my eyes aren't quite what they used to be... either that or the lighting in my place sucks ass... I basically had my bedside lamp by the side of my face the whole time. But then I think it's been about fifteen years since the last time I did any cross-stitch.

So now I just need to get my hands on the right colour and count of material plus deciding whether just to do a row of 10 or 11 or 9, or get really ambitious and try either 25 (5 x 5) or 50 (10 x 5). Yeah, maybe that could be a touch overly ambitious... I mean I'm not exactly sure what I'm going to do with this little guy now that he's finished.

Current Mood:

No comments: