2008: the year in review

sliding off your 2008 undies, ready for the soft new cotton of 2009... or somethingGenerally I'm not given to massive amounts of contemplation and taking stock at this time of year, so this is probably as much of a review of the past year that I'm going to do...

I did say last year that it was something that could easily be done every year...

Looking back though, it's kind of interesting that exactly a year ago I was sitting here sweating my tits off, and this year it's actually a little bit nippy...

But on with the Yaniblog08 Recap...

Post the first sentence of the first post of every month of 2008:

January: And another year begins...

February: Sometimes a random piece of paste-up street art gets something of a second life when it gets torn or partially removed or otherwise altered and minimised...

March: Woohooooooo! Haircut Day!

April: Stolen from Tom... as these things tend to be...

May: I'm having incredibly shitty "morning karma" this week... every time I think I've made a step forward, I end up having taken a step back too... so I end up right back where I started...

June: I kind of knew in the back of my mind that I was going to end up doing this...

July: Skadoosh!

August: Since I've been overdosing on The West Wing over the last couple of weeks, this seemed somewhat appropriate...

September: I thought today was going to be okay... I mean, I had some slight jitters about the whole "new contract, new people, new location" thing, but nothing worse than usual... and then when I get back from my walk I find a little "time bomb" (not a real one obviously) sitting in my letter box that has thrown my whole day and mood off...

October: Hello and welcome to Wednesday...

November: This year I have decided to take part in Movember and become an official Mo Bro...

December: I realised this morning that we're supposed to be going out to lunch today for H-San's birthday... so there go all my carefully laid out plans for what I was going to try and get done at lunch today...

Current Mood:

No comments: