christmas meme one

art by joe philipsA while back when I was trolling the interwebz for meme material I came across a super-massive-mega-bumper Christmas meme... you know, one of those ones where you need to pack a lunch beforehand, and at about the halfway point you want to shoot yourself, and the last third of the responses somehow relate to how much you hate the damn meme...

So what I figured I would do is delete all the really crappy questions out of it, then remove all the questions that related to a Northern Hemisphere/winter Christmas and break it up into manageable meme chunks...

Behold, Chunk the First... subtitled "This or That"...
  1. Candy cane or peppermint patties?
    Peppermint patties... and not just because she was a character in Peanuts... plus candy canes always look a lot better than they taste

  2. Sugar or gingerbread cookies?
    100% gingerbread all the way!

  3. Tinsel or beaded strands?
    You can't have Christmas without tinsel!

  4. Multi-coloured or same-coloured lights?
    I'm going with multi-coloured, it's more festive somehow

  5. Flashing or still lights?
    Yeah, that would have to be still... flashing ones get on my nerves after a while

  6. Wreaths or mistletoe/holly?
    Probably wreaths... although, honestly, I'm not really that fussed on any of those options (although Ma and I did see some nice "jingle bell" wreaths on Sunday)... I mean mistletoe could be useful (not that I've ever been able to take advantage of it)

  7. Rudolph or Frosty?
    Rudolph... Frosty was a bit "here one day, gone the next" for me

  8. Getting or giving?
    Yes... oh, wait, I'm supposed to pick just one? Where's the fun in that. I like giving to see people's faces... and I like getting because then I, you know, get stuff... but probably giving more (and notice how I made it all the way through that one without being crude!)

  9. Stockings or presents?
    Presents, you can't get all that much in a stocking, and certainly nothing big

  10. Cookies & milk or letter to Santa?
    Well I haven't done either in about a billion years... but is there any reason you can't do both, this doesn't really seem like an either/or situation...

  11. Christmas Eve or Christmas Day?
    Christmas Day of course... what's Christmas Eve other than the last day to run around like a complete maniac making sure everything is ready for the big day before having to endure totally crap teevee and a sense of overwhelming anticipation...

  12. Cards or emails?
    Honestly, cards... but I don't send either

  13. The Inn's manger or the animals?
    Okay, weird... the animals I guess...

  14. Mary & Joseph or The Wise Men?
    The Wise Men (or as I prefer to call them, the Magi)... (because they're perhaps not that wise... what's a baby going to do with oil and resin and metal?)

  15. Jack Frost or Little Drummer Boy?
    Little Drummer Boy, totally!

Current Mood:

1 comment:

Michael said...

I'm betting any other time than Christmas you're a "beaded strands" kinda fella. Call it a hunch.