photo friday: urban zoo

urban zooI saw this last Friday on the side of the pub we went to lunch at, then snapped the photo last Sunday after my shopping adventures...

Not to put to fine a point on it, but today has been a Rat Bastard of a day. And just to prove how MUCH of a RB day it's been, it should be enough to say that I went and bought a six pack of Coopers Pale Ale after work today... I can't remember the last time I bought beer (you know, outside of a pub anyway). I'm already two bottles down too... *hic*

Actually I'm not even a little bit drunk... or even tipsy or anything, relaxed maybe, but that's about it... but it was nice to have beer...

From the moment I walked into the office this morning we had one thing after another after another after another screw up... it started with 781 undelivered emails and kinda went downhill from there. People were away, things that were working five minutes ago were suddenly broken and I had to make up two emails to go out to large numbers of people.

And you know what... I loved every damn minute of it. Yes it was frustrating, confusing, confronting and crazed for large amounts of the day, but I wouldn't swap even this really annoying day for a week worth of less stressful days anywhere else.

Looking at that though, I think I've said the same thing in about ten different ways over the past two weeks... "we get it already, you're happy to be back in The Nut House"...

Well, I am...

I also discovered by the DVDs I ordered last Sunday haven't arrived yet too... there was a message attached to my order which I never got... I don't know if it was supposed to be an email and never got through, or what the hell is going on... but it looks like I won't be getting them until after December 9, since Another Gay Movie doesn't come out until then... bummer...

And I still haven't heard back about my blog review, which is making me kinda nervous... I don't want to wake up one morning or come back from work to find my whole blog has been deleted... that would be very, very bad... seriously, why me?

Oh, I also touched up my review of Blowing Whistles from last night... not much, just a couple of additional thoughts that occurred to me during the day.

Also I really need to tidy up in the kitchen and living room, but do you think I can be bothered right now...

Current Mood:

3 comments:

Tom said...

I'm sure your blog will be fine, but if you're worried you could back it up. In wordpress you can save an XML file with all posts and comments - is there a similar thing in blogger?

Just make sure all your contact information on your google account is correct, and you entered your real date of birth and correct "secret question" stuff in case you are locked out. There's nothing worse than forgetting which fake birthday you put in! ;)

Tom said...

PS, Enjoy the other 4 beers! :)

Bodhi said...

Ooh, Yani's drinking ... quickly moves into seat directly next to Yani's and smiles, handing him another one ;-)

Bodhi
http://tresfabsweetie.blogspot.com/

PS. If my cat was not so lazy, and gay, and in another city, I would get it too chase away your rat bastard day.