i am not spam

spam manI got home tonight, checked my Gmail and found this little gem (this is a cut down version, but the gist is the same)...
Your blog at has been identified as a potential spam blog.

Your blog will be deleted in 20 days if it isn't reviewed, and your readers will see a warning page during this time. After we receive your request, we'll review your blog and unlock it within two business days.

We find spam by using an automated classifier. Automatic spam detection is inherently fuzzy, and occasionally a blog like yours is flagged incorrectly. We sincerely apologize for this error.

Thank you for your understanding and for your help with our spam-fighting efforts.
Well how's that for a fine howdy-do...

Whether that was because in the previous post I "linked back to the same location" a lot... but that same location was the blog, so I'm not sure how that works...

I'm not even sure if I'll be able to publish this message... but if I can't it can just sit in draft format until I can.

But if it does publish... Mr, Mrs or Ms Review Person... I am not spam, Sam-I-Am (sorry, I've been trying to work in a Green Eggs and Ham reference through the whole post)...

Current Mood:

3 comments:

Tom said...

I think it's a Google Bug... I've seen a couple of other blogs with similar posts to yours today! If you really were considered spam you wouldn't have been able to post, and we wouldn't see the blog until they'd reviewed it! :)

yani said...

Yeah, I wondered about that too... there's an extra message on the Dashboard and I had to do the Word Verification thing to post, but I wasn't blocked... but I'm not taking any damn chances!

Victor said...

I received a comment yesterday from another blogger to a message I was purported to have placed on her blog. Except that the message was not mine. It linked back to my profile and blog but I did not send it.

What is going on?