internet stalker

stalking shirtI think perhaps Google Reader is stalking me... or, more specifically, my blog...

I didn't notice it at first, or if I did it wasn't quite so obvious... but it's approaching a Z grade horror movie now (not really that scary and actually kinda amusing)...

I mentioned Melbourne a couple of times last week... didn't Google anything about it, just mentioned in on the blog, most recently on Friday. Saturday morning I noticed that there were a bunch of new "Recommended" blogs waiting for me to have a look at... first one on the list was a blog about Melbourne.

I also mentioned American's Next Top Model in the same post... one of the blogs in the list was for male models (yeah, I know it's not exact, but it obviously knows me better than to suggest female models)... and whenever it's seen me mention libraries or books or some combination I get hit up with all these blogs about libraries (after the last library sale particularly)... and if I happen to mention underwear (or do a Random Hotness post about it) I get some underwear blogs in the list.

Of course sometimes it doesn't know me very well at all and I get all kinds of weird and wonderful things in there, and I know that at least part of the list is based on the other blogs you've recently signed up for... but it's the creepy stalking action that's a little bit of a worry...

Although it does kind of make me want to write a post on unicorns or Japanese rope bondage or abseiling window cleaners (we had some on the building across from me today, and I had prime location to watch them scampering around on the roof like little monkeys) just to see what might happen...

Current Mood:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a bit like search engine terms. They're always funny. My two favourites recently about how people came to my blog were the phrases

"how to attract younger gay guys"

"shit looking cakes"

"grandmother fucked while sleeping"

I have no idea how or why they ended up on my site, but they did.

Muzbot said...

Am looking forward to your post on "Japanese rope bondage"... although the window cleaners post would be more interesting me thinks.

yani said...

Maybe I could combine the posts Muz and blog about tying the window cleaners up with Japanese rope bondage... I mean they already have all that rope ;)

And James... I don't even want to know why anybody was looking up those second two phrases... *shudder*

Victor said...

Those window cleaners often make excellent eye candy. I always put my pen down to gaze upon them.