the-atre

feast festivalIt's interesting...

I don't know if it was feeling "overly gay" on Friday night, or being appropriately cashed up (with other people anxious to get hold of me once this assignment ends, so I've got the promise of additional cashfulness) or just the fact that I picked up the Feast program yesterday (on a whim while Ma was paying for the parking)... but I'm now planning on going to more Feast events this year than I think I've ever been to (including Picnic in the Park) in the whole time Feast has been running...

I'm partially blaming Brent Corrigan (which seems odd, but stay with me)... Another Gay Sequel is playing at the festival (and Brent has a role as Stan the Merman, hence the blame), and even if it turns out to be a big pile of crap, I want to see it (not just because of Brent, I quite enjoyed the original)... so instead of waiting for it to come out on DVD, I figured I could go and see it properly in a movie theatre with real people...

That led me to looking at some of the other stuff in the program... and this morning I went through and booked tickets for not only AGS, but also Blowing Whistles and the amusingly titled Adventures of Butt Boy and Tigger...

So that should be amusing/entertaining/interesting... and I've managed to stagger them out across three weeks, all six days apart from each other.

Then I was flicking through the Sunday Mail earlier and there was an ad for the new Simon Gallaher version of The Mikado... Ma did mention it to me last weekend, and I pointed out the ad to her in the paper yesterday, but I kind of decided today that I'm going to buy tickets for her for Christmas (well, Ma and me obviously)... maybe even splurge a little bit and get really good tickets (or at least find a balance between "really good" and "too expensive").

I think in the back of her mind she'd really love to go, but I don't think she'd actually suggest it... and if she does I'll have to make some "well I dunno, tickets expensive, not the same cast as the original" noise about it to throw her off the scent. Because if I do the "you'll have to wait and see what Santa's bringing" thing, she'll know I've bought them.

Tickets don't go on sale until tomorrow for The Mikado though, but that's going to be two plays, a movie and a musical I'll have bought tickets to in the space of 24 hours...

I feel all cultured and shit...

Current Mood:

No comments: