photo friday: red tangle

red tangle street artI had a day at the House of Sheba today...

The last time I was down there was the day before Christmas Eve... and then suddenly seven months went by, just like that... I probably would have seen her earlier, but then I was working, followed directly by school holidays...

I stopped on the way down and picked up an apple "stroozel" (according to the vaguely ethnic woman of unspecified origin in the store), so we could have a little morning tea with our general gossip.

Because I'd been absent for so long Rockstar went all shy and slightly obnoxious because suddenly I was a "stranger" again... but Showgirl was still very cruisy... even though I'd been away for what probably added up to about a third of her life. She's walking now (and is basically cone shaped, it's so cute) but when I picked her up after I'd unloaded my bag, jacket and stroozel she just stared at me thoughtfully for a while, and then she was fine. So my adoration for Showgirl continues unabated.

We had a good old natter... I caught her up on all my news (Christmas, Sydney, work, knee) and we talked randomly about nothing much at all.

I hadn't intended to stick around for the whole day, but then Sheba accidentally broke a window (that will happen when Rockstar is being a little twat and smacks you in the head with something and you throw it at the toy basket which just happens to be in front of the window, and it sails over the basket and right through the window... whoops!), so I stuck around until the glass man showed up, just to help her corral the kids and keep them out of the way of the window.

Once Tikiman got home I hauled ass out of there, let them do their thing... it was a good day though... but then they have all been pretty good days...

Current Mood:

No comments: