wet weather shopping

saturday evening postWoohoo... grey skies, wind, rain... I loves me some wet and wild weather...

This week's shopping adventures weren't really that much different to last week... a little different... but similarly interesting...

In theory I ended up getting a little less stuff than normal at the supermarket... I'm working for most of next week, so there wasn't much point in getting sandwich stuff or anything overly elaborate, but I guess I made up for it by getting stuff that I can take for afternoon snackage... apples, cashews, those little cracker ball things with nuts in them...

I also picked up some Anzac Biscuits... I did try and make some yesterday, but I'm not sure how great the recipe was because while they were edible, they weren't that great really...

Anyway, after The Shoppage, The Unpackage and The Paper-readage, we headed off to Arndale for a couple of bits and pieces... Ma wanted to get some trackpants (since she's started doing her own little walking thing in the mornings... awww, bless), so we fiddled around down there for a bit, including a little spin around The Reject Shop... while we were in there I remembered that the last time we were down there we'd seen a cool looking "stunt kite" for about $7.

When I originally saw it we hadn't done any kite flying since the Kite Festival, but this time we had last week's little excursion under our belts and figured that it was probably worthwhile getting it.

Then once we got back to the car again we weren't quite sure where the hell to go... so we figured we might as well head down to the beach again and do some more kite flying... it didn't look overly windy at Arndale, but once we got down to the beach it was appropriately breezy.

I love me some stunt kite action! Once I managed to keep the damn thing in the air for more than two seconds at a time, and stopping it doing nosedives, then once I'd retied pretty much all the guide strings on it (multiple times actually), I managed to get the hang of it and had it sweeping and swooping and buzzing all over the joint. It did keep doing nosedives into the sand, but the longer we were doing it (Ma was flying her bluebird kite, since she keeps it in the car), the better I was getting.

But eventually, when one of the guide strings came undone for the three thousandth time (I was triple knotting the damn things, but they still worked themselves loose) I was kinda over it, so we called it a day. It was nice on the beach though.... green-grey sea with white waves, grey skies, a fair amount of wind... booooodiful! Of course, having said that, I think I've got some very fine sand blown into everywhere and it's a little scratchy... either that or a little windburn...

Then we decided to head down towards Glenelg and go to The Orange Spot Bakery, which is very much up there as far as bakeries go... and I have to say it didn't disappoint. We grabbed some food and found a spot further down the foreshore where we could sit in the car and eat it, enjoying the stormy seas. I had a Chicken Mango Curry pie, and it was actually as good as it sounds, a nice sweet curry, big chunks of chickens... very yummy.

We kinda drove down the foreshore a while, headed kind of in the general direction of Brighton, but never getting that far, since the road wasn't a straight run along the beach. Instead we just wandered back to my place in a general, non specific kind of way. It was nice though.

Current Mood:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey shopping is always fun but rain some times plays a spoil sport.I think you are a smart shopper and you plan your week ahead and shop accordingly.