photo friday: waterlily

amazon waterlilyWhat is it they say about the best laid plans of mice and men?

But interestingly enough, while it wasn't what I'd expected, it was a somewhat productive day... I got out of the house, I was able to amuse small children (nice ones who don't live in my building), I fed the ducks, I saw Amazonian Waterlilies and I got offered work... so a pretty full afternoon really!

I'd lent Stu the Kate Miller-Heidke CD yesterday, and since I wanted it back so I can show Ma a couple of the tracks on the DVD and he had the day off to look after his two girls, Trouble and Strife... plus the fact that I hadn't seen his new place since he moved, I said that I would go up there and pick it up. I really only intended to be there for maybe half an hour... an hour tops...

Try ten hours... plus dinner and a movie...

He called me around noon and said that the girls wanted to go out and feed the ducks, and they wanted me to come with them... I'm not entirely sure why to be honest... I think I've only met them the once... but Ma and I have sent them Christmas presents via Stu a couple of times... so who knows...

And I figured it would get me out of the house, which is currently a bonus, so I said I would come along...

Of course, the park near their new place (although highly groovy and maybe worth a photo safari at a later date) didn't have very many ducks, so we ended up coming all the way back down to my neck of the woods and going to the Botanic Gardens. It was kind of full of "da chillens", but there is something quite zen and restful about feeding the ducks... so that was fun...

Then, after we'd stopped off in the Amazon Waterlily Pavilion (which is all glass and open and prettylike) and we were headed back to the car (and I was giving Strife a piggyback ride) I got a call from my Agency Girly, wanting to know if I was available. To be honest, I knew the call was coming, I'd already been tipped off by my former boss (and asked if I was available)... and I'm not really that sure on all the details (it's kinda hard to concentrate on a phonecall while you're walking through a park with little kid on your back), but she's going to email me or send me a letter or something, so that's cool.

After we got back to Stu's place, the kids wanted to go to the playground near their place, so we messed around there for a while... then as we were headed back to the house, Mrs Stu got home... and I got invited to dinner (lackluster Indian takeaway, but it was still fairly edible, just not stellar), and then Stu and I sat around watching The Wrong Man (Mrs Stu did start out with us, but piked out early and went to bed), which totally stands up to a second viewing, until very late o'clock before I headed home again.

So, not quite what I was expecting to do with my day... but still very enjoyable.

Current Mood:

No comments: