done ran out

tick, tick, tick, tick..."We apologise for that break in our regularly scheduled programming and return to the movie already in progress..."

Well, after nearly three years of getting those stupid "you have 250MB remaining" emails from my ISP, I finally discovered what happens when you have 0MB remaining...

Your internet "done falls over"...

I'd always assumed that since I'm paid up for three months, if I ran out in say Month 1, then they started eating up MB from Month 2... seems that's not the case...

I was halfway through my regular Friday morning internet crawl and my connection dropped out... and when I tried to log back in again it was telling me it didn't recognise my username and password, or some similar malarky...

No Friday Internet for the yani... No Photo Friday... No nothing... and while I could go and "backfill" a post, I think I'll leave this break in transmission just to remind myself what does happen when I run out of MB...

Actually I survived pretty well, I didn't sit in the corner muttering to myself and I didn't need to sit here and look longingly at my connection icon... granted I did end up wasting a bunch of time just fiddling around with stuff in Photoshop, but you get that...

So thankfully (and obviously) I'm all charged back up with the appropriate amount of MB's again...

*wanders off muttering about stupid dumbass ISP*...

Current Mood:

No comments: