heath ledger found dead

heath ledgerOkay, my brain is having trouble actually processing this... Ma just called me to tell me that Heath Ledger is dead. So of course the first thing I had to do was jump on Google and try and confirm it.

And when you get 610,000 results, you know there has to be something going on...

Academy Award nominee Heath Ledger, 28, has died of a possible drug overdose involving sleeping pills in New York, police have confirmed.

He was found dead in his bed at his apartment on Broome Street, Soho in Manhattan, by his housekeeper at 3.35pm local time, the TMZ website said.

A police spokesman said the cause of death was unknown, despite the presence of drugs.

"We don't have that [the cause of death] yet. The matter is still under investigation," the spokesman said.

He was pronouced dead at 3.45pm (7.45am AEDT) by a medical examiner who went to the apartment.

US television network NBC reported his body was found surrounded by pills.

The New York Times reported Ledger was discovered by a masseuse who arrived at his apartment for an appointment.

The masseuse was let in to the home by a housekeeper, who then knocked on the door of Ledger's bedroom, The New York Times reported.

When no one answered, the housekeeper and the masseuse opened the bedroom and found Ledger unconscious.

They shook him, but he did not respond. They immediately called the authorities. The police said they did not suspect foul play.
My brain actually won't process the information... in fact, when Ma called me, my first response was "WHAT!?!"... so much so that I think you could actually hear the exclamation points in my voice...

And I really can't make a complete sentence in my brain because I'm still a little in shock.

Rest in peace Heath.

Current Mood:

No comments: