geisha template

geisha templateQuestion: If you take a photo of somebody else's artwork, does it still count as your own?

I'm going to go with "yes", since that's exactly what I did with the template this time...

And I just wanted something different... something, well... pink really... since the last one was green, I just needed a totally new colour scheme.

Originally I was going to use a different piece of grafitti... but where I thought it was, it actually wasn't... so either I'd imagined it completely, or else it's in some other spot.

But the geisha grafitti I shot a while back seemed like a good choice to replace it, and actually fitted in the narrow sidebar space really well.

So voila... pinkgeishablog...

Current Mood:

5 comments:

Larry said...

I'm totally going to tell on you...

:)

yani said...

Oh no, please don't tell the Style Police on me... :P

Ben said...

I disagree :-p~

Copyright issues aside, I would say that your design is based on art, but is not art in itself. After all, not only is it copy of somebody else's work, the context is entirely different (i.e. not graffiti) and therefore is only admirable in a design sense, not an artistic one.

Especially now that you told us you stole it.

Anonymous said...

Hey guys, you never 'stole' or 'borrowed' ideas from other websites?! Come on, we all do...

yani said...

Actually I agree with you completely OzBoi... but since I'm only really worried about it from a design sense, and not in a making lasting art sense, I'm okay with that :)

And Peter, that would be "all the time"... :P