da pants

dress pantsTwo hours, two stores and one pair of flat fronted black dress pants later...

You wouldn't think it would be so hard to find a pair of fairly bog standard flat fronted black dress pants in the appropriate size would you...

But for some reason the Red Circle Boutique has gone all to hell in a handbasket as far as dress pants are concerned... suddenly they're all just lumped together with no respect for style, colour, size or cut... and everything is either way too small or far too big...

Which is part of the reason I've been holding off from buying a pair... the other part being I didn't think there was much point in buying a pair just to have a pair when I wasn't working and was still theoretically losing weight.

I tried on two different pairs at the Target that Ma and I usually go to... both technically a size too small (they fit and standing up they were mostly comfortable, but sitting down in an office chair all day I think they would start to get on my nerves... plus I usually size up my dress pants for comfort's sake)... one regular pleated front pair and a pair of the ubergay dress pants that seem to be all that's left in the larger size range (and I can see why... no straight man is going to buy those pants, ever, not even the metrosexuals)... but for whatever reason, the Ubergay Pants didn't seem as bad to me as they normally do.

Whether it was desperation because I couldn't find anything in the appropriate size or any other style, I don't know, but I put them on and didn't completely hate them. But they were a size "too small", so I decided to try the Target in the city.

And I could only find a single pair of pants there in any size range that was actually going to fit me... Grrrrrr...

But luckily, they fit like a dream and I quite liked them.

The very slight downside is that while they aren't the Ubergay Pants, they're either "Second Cousin Once Removed to the Ubergay Pants"... or else they're some kind of interim style between a "normal" pair of dress pants and the UGP... same front pocket styling... similar material, although it doesn't feel as artificial... and an equally useless pocket in pocket arrangement, although at least this one doesn't have a zip on it and call itself a "mobile phone pocket"...

But at least I have pants now...

Current Mood:

1 comment:

Sunshine said...

I've been trying to look for an ubergay pair of jeans - you know, something flairy - but they don't sell those anywhere anymore!! :S