photo friday: today's adventures

The results of this morning's adventures...


lake closed 2007These appeared around Tuesday this week I think... yet another outbreak of the "dreaded blue-green algae"... which, sadly, means no rowers... the river doesn't seem quite the same with nobody at all on it in the mornings. The river, however, does look kind of nasty, since the green "oil slick" on the surface is very obvious at certain angles.

dawn over the city 2007This is the city, as seen from the far end of the "tail" of my walk. I really should have had my camera with me on Wednesday morning though, since that was when the sunrise was really gorgeous.

clock tower 2007And this is the clock tower in North Adelaide that I go past every morning. And yes, it was 6:45am when I took the photo...

Current Mood:

2 comments:

Sh@ney said...

Ahhh Adelaide looks gorgeous apart from the algae issue of course...We are heading for the same problem with the drought here in Qld..If we get a sudden influx of rainwater, they fear an outbreak of sorts. But then they are worried the water level now will cause sickness...Level 5 water restrictions are coming soon...I wonder when they will ask us to wash every 2nd day....

Larry said...

Where I used to live there was a massive migration of Pogeys into Belfast bay. There were so many of them in fact that they depleted the oxygen supply and died. The entire rocky coastline was littered with rotting fish. Apparently living near any kind of water can result in ecological disasters :)