hottest 100

hottest 100Yes, it's that time of the year again...

Although I have to admit that this year I haven't been listening to Triple J as solidly as I was this time last year... I actually flick between four different stations during my walks these days... and end up on Fresh FM more often than not... since they play a lot of stuff with a faster beat... helps with the walking...

However Triple J is still my favourite, and the station I start off on, and come back to... so I figured I might as well do my bit for the Hottest 100...

One of the things I hate about the list on the website is it's just the names, and sometimes I know who the artist is and what the song is when I hear it, but I wouldn't have the vaguest clue of the actual song title... so in a couple of cases I either had to take my best guess, or else eliminate the songs from the running completely because I didn't know the name of the one I really liked.

Even having said that, I actually got stuck this year with far more than my ten allowed songs... there were two other Lilly Allen tracks I could have added, amongst other things... but in the end I pared it down to my final ten.

Au Port - Camille
I Don't Feel Like Dancing - Scissor Sisters
Kick Push - Lupe Fiasco
LDN - Lily Allen
Love Me Or Hate Me - Lady Sovereign
Mardy Bum - Arctic Monkeys
Private Education - Josh Pyke
The Hard Road - Hilltop Hoods
When You Wasn't Famous - Streets
Young Folks - Peter Bjorn & John

I'm better at least six of those make the 100... and I'm putting in an early bet that the Scissor Sisters track is somewhere in the top 10...

Current Mood:

No comments: