Instead of the whole New Years Resolutions concept, every year, on the 31st, I make a wish list for the year ahead, asking the universe to provide me with those things I wish to accomplish (or would just like randomly dropped into my lap) during the year. I then stick it on my fridge so the universe can see it.... well, the universe and any nosy real life visitors... and now that this is the second year I've posted it on the blog, pretty much the whole world can take a gander at it...
I can't actually take credit for the whole concept of the Wish List... it actually came from my former gal pal, Sheba, and I adopted it in 2002, patterning my first list after some of the things on hers, but adding a few of my own too.
I've learned to be fairly specific with the list... the first year I asked it to provide me with a "relationship with a warm, funny, caring, sexy guy"... I found the perfect guy... only he wasn't interested back... so that got refined and refined and refined... then a couple of years ago I added the concept of "or make peace with being alone", which has kind of continued in one form or another until now.
Mostly I refine the list year after year, look at where I'm at, where the previous year's list was aiming, where it fell short, where I need to address the universe's energy and alter the dot points accordingly.
This year's entries are as follows...
- To remain at peace with being alone.
- To continue to engage only in sex that I find physically and emotionally fulfilling.
- To become more comfortable with my body, whatever it's shape, flaws or size.
- To remain at peace with myself, both inside and out.
- To continue my daily walking routine and try to maintain appropriate eating habits.
- To gain a permanent job that challenges and interests me.
- To become financially independent again.
- To be more positive and spend time only with positive people.
- To regularly do things that scare and/or challenge me.
- To return to paying my accounts on time and with ease.
- To return to being calmer and less angry and frustrated.
- To examine the direction of my photography.