painting: eddy

eddy 2006Eddy...

I've never encountered anyone who wears their Pride on their sleeve as much as Eddy... not even when I was heavily involved in "the community"... so of course I had to use the rainbow flag colours... I was intending to use stripes, but the damn red paint wouldn't play ball properly, so I went with the whole dot painting thing...

The other reason I wanted to use the rainbow was that I remember a post Eddy did not that long ago where we was saying that "rainbow" was his new favourite colour, or something along those lines.

I might need to revisit the whole "rainbow on black" thing at a later date for something else... since I liked how this looked even before the swirlies.

The swirlies are silver (because I know he likes silver too), and while they didn't come out quite how I had originally sketched them, I liked the fact that I was able to do a lot of them with a single brush stroke (even if I had to go back and touch it up in spots afterwards).

So yeah... Blogger Canvas #1: Eddy...

Current Mood:

1 comment:

Tom said...

It's great, love it!

(Not sure what the etiquette is here... so I'm commenting on both painter and paintee's blog!)