more zoo shots...

lioness 2006I got my Zoo shots back from the lab...

They were actually pretty damn good...

I love my 100-300mm lens... particularly when you consider that the "lion butt" shot in today's montage (dead center) and the shot above were taken through the same chain link fence. Oh what a difference a little selective focus can make...

feather shine 2006I always go a little overboard in the bird house... lots of birds... no bars (since you're in the bird house with them)... and as a general rule you can get some good shots. This bird (I have no idea what it is... I keep thinking that it was possibly something from Egypt, but I honestly don't know) was kind of drab until the light hit its feathers just right...

Current Mood: pleased

3 comments:

Tom said...

You shouldn't have told us about the paparazzi lens... we'd have believed you were fearlessly up close and personal with the lion, ignoring risks of life and limb just to post interesting photos on your blog! :P

Jenny said...

They are nice photo's. Isn't it winter-ish there though - it seems fairly nice out in the photos.

Larry said...

That lion looks pretty bored by you. Maybe you should have dressed up as a gazelle and run around a little first...

:)