montage monday: linear park

linear park 2006Unsurprisingly, this week's Monday Montage is from my walk last Wednesday along Linear Park... I still wish that my camera battery had lasted longer, but then I guess I would have been spoiled for choice for images (plus the walk would have taken three hours instead of two).

It's tax time again more or less... but unlike last year when I raked in $1800, I'll be lucky if I get anything at all this time around, since I haven't really worked at all this last financial year. Dammit, that's gotta change...

Double dammit... I just tried to call my agency girly... and she was on another call, so I had to leave a message... I hate that... not that it would have necessarily amounted to much more than it has in the past, a big fat nothing... but at least then I feel like I'm trying to make something happen...

Although it's mostly behaving itself right at the moment, I've noticed that my monitor has started to flicker a little later in the day, really badly in the bottom left corner actually... I'm hoping whatever it is is just temporary and doesn't mean I'm going to be shopping for a new monitor. If I suddenly disappear for a couple of days, you know why...

Oh, and something that came to my attention last night (although I'd kind of been noticing it for a little while beforehand), not only has my visitor stats (or at least the page view stats) gone up recently, but there have been a couple of new people leaving comments lately... so I just wanted to say welcome, come back again soon, that kind of thing. Oh, and if you're visiting and lurking... don't be afraid to leave a comment...

Okay, that's my whoring for comments and visitors over with for the time being...

Another thought I had last night when I was madly jotting ideas for today's post down on the back of an envelope (classy huh)... I now haven't heard from Marc for well over a month now... so obviously that chapter is done with... I would have thought we could at least have been friends... but it would seem not... ah well...

And no real Big Brother news this week... other than the fact they're sending ANOTHER two housemates in to replace the naughty boys who got kicked out... so that will make a grand total of eight additional housemates... add that to the fifteen who went in originally, so that will be 23 housemates in total (although only 21 may appear on the final show, since the boys who were removed still haven't been told if they can attend).

The interesting thing is that the "turkey slap" incident (which is what it's being called) has shown up EVERYWHERE except Channel 10... it was in the paper, it's been on the news on the other stations, complete with the green and grainy footage from the internet... it's even being sent up all over the place, I saw it on some show as I was flicking channels where they used actual turkeys (dead ones of course)... talk about your storm in a teacup...

Current Mood: very non-committal this morning

4 comments:

Tom said...

I saw Big Brother last night for the first time for ages and didn't recognise half of them - wouldn't it be funny if the final few housemates were all non-original.

I'd never heard the term turkey-slapping before the whole big bogan incident - am I naive?

Hope the monitor survives... does it have a degaus function? that might stop it flickering.

yani said...

No, I'd never heard of turkey slapping before either... I think it's a young, dumb, drunk and straight thing...

And yeah, I tried degausing... bubkus... that has helped in the past, but not this time...

Jenny said...

I love your montage mondays.. I wait for them after every weekend! Looks like, though long, your walk in Linear park was worth the effort!
And as for Marc, it's too bad that he's missing out on wanting something meaningful.. don't let your heart hurt over that!

yani said...

Thanks Jenny... I'm glad someone looks forward to them hehehe...

And yeah, Marc, missing out big time... although, really, I would have settled for something completely superficial with him... lol... so no heart hurt, just wanted to post an update...